Shrimp emergency!!

Fish4dawin

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi there I have (I believe to be) a blue velvet shrimp. Heā€™s lost his colour and has white spots on his feet. All parameters are normal. This is as good a picture as I can get. Any ideas as to what is happening with him?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 46
Hi there I have (I believe to be) a blue velvet shrimp. Heā€™s lost his colour and has white spots on his feet. All parameters are normal. This is as good a picture as I can get. Any ideas as to what is happening with him?
think you should scoop him. might be normal but looks like hes losing color. maybe its the end....

think you should scoop him. might be normal but looks like hes losing color. maybe its the end....
It's really hard to tell what is wrong with him though. I don't really want to scoop him because they are really cool to have around the tank. @Colin_T what do you think is wrong with the shrimp?

I can't tell anything from that picture.

It could be natural colouration. If in doubt, do a water change and gravel clean and monitor.

Female shrimp carry eggs on swimmerets (pleopods) under their tail. The eggs look like small dark balls and are easily visible if she has them. A female shrimp or crab that is carrying eggs is called berried.

Update: The shrimp is not like that any more. All five shrimp look normal and there is no discolouration. I have a feeling one of the blue velvets was the one who had the discolouration. I think he was also just changing his shell which could've been why he looked a bit different.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back