Shrimp dying 1 by 1

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

can you post some pictures of the shrimp?

check the shrimp for cream or white patches in the muscle tissue in the tail?
if they have white patches in the muscle tissue it is most likely microsporidia, a muscle wasting disease that can sometimes be treated with salt.
Both of them are gone. I think I'll keep that tank shrimpless.

I have another tank with RCS and Celestial Pearl Danios. They seem fine in there. So far.
Thanks!

can you post some pictures of the shrimp?

check the shrimp for cream or white patches in the muscle tissue in the tail?
if they have white patches in the muscle tissue it is most likely microsporidia, a muscle wasting disease that can sometimes be treated with salt.
8CD85A73-26D6-4037-BCCA-562E8729EB35.jpeg

The ones in the picture look fine but if they are in a different tank, there still might have been a problem with the ones that died.

I didnā€™t th

i didnā€™t think of the potential pesticide issue. Iā€™m okay with brown shrimp- brown is my favorite color :). I can try the water change but such a large change can shock them I heard. Iā€™ve been sticking to 30% every two weeks (donā€™t want to vacuum the babies but want to clean the gravel...)
I agree with frequent water changes at least 20% changes every week and even every 3 day for a short while til things improve

I agree with frequent water changes at least 20% changes every week and even every 3 day for a short while til things improve
Iā€™ve done a few small water changes and have been dosing with ParaGuard daily since some tiny white Planaria showed up... no deaths since! But Iā€™m not sure how long to dose the ParaGuard. Seems to be shrimp safe and as a bonus Iā€™m also using in my hospital tank to treat a shrimp with elibiopsidae and the green is gone from his swimmerets!!! I thought he was a goner for sure...

99409AB8-D030-455A-814E-C92F3DF5A384.jpeg
350BAE48-817F-4852-BD50-BA4EF555A8DE.jpeg
F5AA952D-0F60-4D21-83F2-4B6398953EC9.jpeg
My shrimp tank (6.8 gallons), my community tank (45 gallons), and my guppy tank (3 gallons). Guppies will probably move to community tank soon.

View attachment 98221View attachment 98222View attachment 98223My shrimp tank (6.8 gallons), my community tank (45 gallons), and my guppy tank (3 gallons). Guppies will probably move to community tank soon.
Your tanks are awesome!
I like the way you have the substrate distributed on your largest tank.

By the way, I've been looking forEVER for a freshwater octopus like that but the guy at my LFS says he hasn't been able to locate them in a long time!

Your tanks are awesome!
I like the way you have the substrate distributed on your largest tank.

By the way, I've been looking forEVER for a freshwater octopus like that but the guy at my LFS says he hasn't been able to locate them in a long time!
Unfortunately my octopus is a decoration on top of a cave/treasure chest - not alive and I havenā€™t ever seen a freshwater octopus for sale either.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back