Shrimp compatibility

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I decided to try some guppies and shrimp together. I am silent cycling my 3rd tank with several plants and moss balls. I picked up 5 small feeder guppies and 5 small feeder ghost shrimp. They all are tiny, the guppies are little larger than fry.
Shrimp are sensitive to nitrate so watch closely. You are as bad as the rest of us about getting more or trying this. :)

If possible try finding a drift wood for your tank from a pet store. If you dont have one already. My shrimp love mine. And it looks great with java moss and anubias attach to it;) good luck on your fish tank. Mine almost done just buying couple plants hopefully today and should be ready for the aquarium contest I hope.

After the success of silent cycling my 55 gallon I just had too try again. I changed my plans for this tank 3 times before trying this. I added a little java moss and a sunken boat today. The shrimp are tiny and hard to see but very interesting to watch. I had put 5 larger ones in my 55 gallon tank but seldom see them.

If possible try finding a drift wood for your tank from a pet store. If you dont have one already. My shrimp love mine. And it looks great with java moss and anubias attach to it;) good luck on your fish tank. Mine almost done just buying couple plants hopefully today and should be ready for the aquarium contest I hope.
Yes drift wood grows lots of algae on it so shrimp and plecos love them.

Driftwood sounds good.
I have Malasian driftwood and spiderwood. I was worried about using the spiderwood as one forum member had some that grew a white toxic fungus. I bought mine at Maidenhead Aquatics a few weeks ago and it is fine. :)

Cant remember what pet store I got mine but the main one amazing. It has a huge hole in the middle great to stuff java moss in and a long piece that looks like a bridge....hmm I got an idea now but might take a while to find the right ornament for it. If pet store even have the right size.....I have a bare spot. Then again once the anubias starts going I can always take a cutting and put it there. Lol and I thought my aquarium finished.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back