Shrimp Bowl

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MFZB

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help, I had 6 shrimp in my tank but one recently got eaten. I dont want any more to get eaten so I would like to move them to a different tank. I have a large fish bowl would it be possible to use that and if so are there heaters and filters designed for bowls? The reason I would like to use the bowl as I dont have much money to spend on a new tank or is there anyway I can do it without spending too much? Thanks in advance.

a bio orb would look well
with just shrimp in or a fluval
edge

Thanks for the help, have my other fish in a Fluval edge and they are very nice tanks, just expensive. I will have a look for a second hand biorb. Any one else know of any good small tanks that wont cost alot?
thanks

I wouldn't buy a second hand Biorb. Its plastic so when you buy it, chances are that it will be heavily scratched :crazy:

Hi,

A fish bowl would be fine, most species of shrimp do perfectly well in unheated bowls, which species are we talking about?
You'd need to do daily water changes or fill it with fast growing plants that can cope in conditions with minimal light, duck weed would be good, the plants will then readily use the ammonia produced by the shrimp as a source of nitrogen, and everything will be in an equilibrium.

Hi,

A fish bowl would be fine, most species of shrimp do perfectly well in unheated bowls, which species are we talking about?
You'd need to do daily water changes or fill it with fast growing plants that can cope in conditions with minimal light, duck weed would be good, the plants will then readily use the ammonia produced by the shrimp as a source of nitrogen, and everything will be in an equilibrium.

Red cherry shrimp mainly, another one was eaten today :( If I added a heater would I be able to do water changes less often as I wouldnt be able to change the water daily? Thanks for the help

A Heater wont make much a difference with regards to water quality, you could buy an air powered filter that is driven by an air pump and put old filter media into it, you can make them yourself too, there are instructions in this section I believe.

Thanks for the help will research both the filter and real plants as haven't used them in my tank yet.

Try looking on ebay for small tanks in your local area, sometimes you can pick up a 30l with filter and heater for about £10-20

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back