Shrimp Behaviour

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mackb33

Reaction score
I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on this for me.
I have a tank with 3 Giant African Shrimp, 4 Amano shrimp and 8 cherry shrimp.
Over the past 2 days I've noticed that the Giant African Shrimp seem to be swimming up to the surface of the tank before "free falling" back down to the bottom. Sometimes as they're "falling" they start swimming again, on others I've noticed that they land on their back on the substrate and lay completely still for up to a minute before starting to wiggle their legs and eventually swim again.

Does anybody have any idea why they've started doing this?
☺️

I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on this for me.
I have a tank with 3 Giant African Shrimp, 4 Amano shrimp and 8 cherry shrimp.
Over the past 2 days I've noticed that the Giant African Shrimp seem to be swimming up to the surface of the tank before "free falling" back down to the bottom. Sometimes as they're "falling" they start swimming again, on others I've noticed that they land on their back on the substrate and lay completely still for up to a minute before starting to wiggle their legs and eventually swim again.

Does anybody have any idea why they've started doing this?
I personally have never experienced this. What are your water parameters? How often do you feed them?

Sounds like the behaviour my vampires display when stressed. Even then they don't fall to their back. I'd check your parameters, make sure they are getting enough food (micro, powdered foods not large foods) and that nobody is bothering them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back