Shrimp-ageddon.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SomethingsFishy24

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
At long last, it had to be done. My steadily growing population of shrimp has reached its max capacity. So, 25 were chosen to carry on life in the 55gallon grow-out. The others, their little shrimpy lives have been spread across 9 tanks. Some will find they can set up new settlements, others...well, if they are clever enough to evade detention they might just make it...the rest, fish snacks.

Hubby is losing his mind :rofl: , he asked what sort of dystopian drama I was getting at, to which I replied Shrimp-ageddon!!! He then said wouldn't it be easier to just turn a few Acara loose in the grow out. Technically, yes, but this way some might actually stand a chance.

POV of a shrimp......

"Oh heck.....she's coming....and she has that catchy thingy....RUN!....RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!"

POV of a shrimp once caught and transferred to new aquarium.....

"Oh heck.....where am I....I daren't look.....ooooh.....this is new.....oooOOOOOhhhhh.....ARGH!!!!!! big fishy thing coming at me.....where do I go...what do I do.....I don't know where to go.....ahhh....bush....run for that bush!"

POV of a chosen few shrimp left in original aquarium....

"Finally...we have elbow room....sheesh that took long enough....c'mon lads and lasses....party time round my place tonight....let's get jiggy with it....we gotta fill this place back up again!!!"

POV of a shrimp......

"Oh heck.....she's coming....and she has that catchy thingy....RUN!....RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!"

POV of a shrimp once caught and transferred to new aquarium.....

"Oh heck.....where am I....I daren't look.....ooooh.....this is new.....oooOOOOOhhhhh.....ARGH!!!!!! big fishy thing coming at me.....where do I go...what do I do.....I don't know where to go.....ahhh....bush....run for that bush!"

POV of a chosen few shrimp left in original aquarium....

"Finally...we have elbow room....sheesh that took long enough....c'mon lads and lasses....party time round my place tonight....let's get jiggy with it....we gotta fill this place back up again!!!"
Pretty much sums it up, quite a few did go into tanks with small fish so those will probably get jiggy too and then I will have 5 tanks full of shrimp. They are about as bad as the BN🙃

Note to self....if a quiet life wanted and no excuse for MTS...do not under any circumstances have a pair of BN's, shrimpies or Cories.....

......that horse has actually bolted cos I have BN's and Cories...and am over run with the nymphomaniacs :lol:

Note to self....if a quiet life wanted and no excuse for MTS...do not under any circumstances have a pair of BN's, shrimpies or Cories.....

......that horse has actually bolted cos I have BN's and Cories...and am over run with the nymphomaniacs :lol:
🤣 Yep, no quiet in this house. I will have to get a picture later, I have a whole new batch of Lemon BN fry. They are cute but I wish they would take a break. My cories do it but the eggs are always eaten pretty quickly. I think from time to time it would be nice to raise a batch, then I think, am I out of my dang mind?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back