Show Your Rimless Tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nicklfire

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys,

i'm setting up a 21 gallon shrimp tank, rimless and i wanna see all your rimless tank pictures, how you have it all setup :)

Sams051pssssscrop.jpg

Regards, Dave.

wow dave that's pretty nice dude, i like the outlet, what type of tank is it..what it house?

Cheers, Nicklfire.

The only hardware in the tank are the glassware inlet and outlet made by Cal Aqua. The heater is an inline Hydor. The tank itself is opti white high clarity, which does not come cheap, although they may be a lot cheaper your side of the pond.

Plants are Eleocharis `parvula`, Hemianthus callitrichoides, Taxiphyllum sp peacock and Dwarf riccia. The critters are Rasbora dorsiocellata and caridina multidentata.

The minimalist look of an open topped tank doesn`t come all that cheap, but in the long run, it is worth it IMO.

Dave.

Well i can pick up one of the hagen rimless tanks from a local supplier for about 80$ canadian.. whicih works out to like.. 80.70 USD lol

I'm running rimless ATM, It's very nice but I find I have to add anything from 1-10pints of water each day that has been lost via evaporation.

Mine was/is my first, It's been a learning curve definitely, I do find now in it's adolescence that I'm growing increasingly disappointed with it, everyone else seems to have better scapes and growth.
Rimless is definitely the way to go, I want a rekord 60 to replace this tank, I just can't find an attractive 18inch luminair.
If your going rimless I recommend that you up the thickness and have one custom made and in opti-clarity you really won't regret it.

Interesting
Provocative

I was considering a squarish breeder tank for some dumb Brochis that keep their noses torn up trying to get through the glass. But this might do. I like acrylics or some such.

But I agree with garuf: topless evaporation is annoying. Well, annoying is my word for it.

You can minimise the evaporation, if you run the tank at room temperature then evaporation will be next to nill it's when the tank is 5degree's c hotter or more you have problems, I'd have a hotter room but this is the uk after all and I just isn't warm, ever.
That and keeping my bedroom at 26C is just far too warm for me

You can minimise the evaporation, if you run the tank at room temperature then evaporation will be next to nill it's when the tank is 5degree's c hotter or more you have problems, I'd have a hotter room but this is the uk after all and I just isn't warm, ever.
That and keeping my bedroom at 26C is just far too warm for me

I agree, I roast over 26C! Not pleasant at all. I run my rimless 8g without heat, as the evaporation is less. Here is a photo of it when it was a Dutch scape last year.

IMG_2692smaller.jpg

beautiful tanks guys......bit of a newbie....I take it Rimless are tanks you guys keep without fish??
I really love planted tanks...mmmmmmmm :wub:

Nope, almost all planted tanks that are open have fish, you just have to make sure you don't buy any jumpers.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back