Show off your tiny fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cydeth

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Have any of you got tiny fish out there?

Nano species are becoming very popular and I'm curious to see what you guys are keeping.

They don't need to be something that will stay nano, babies and young are fine too.

I picked six of these guys up last night, the photo is deceiving but they are tiny. I'd estimate 15mm long at the most.

I've got ember tetra that dwarf them.

Nannostomus Marilynae

Attachments

• IMG_20210616_124129.jpg
    IMG_20210616_124129.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,220
I desperately want rummy nose. No lfs has them by me 😩

They are not too rare near me, most shops have them but not always in any great numbers. If I need them I often have to grab them when I can, particularly when creating larger groups of them. One of my larger tanks has over 50 in currently, although they do love to play in the plants so I can't see them all.

Here's some more of my small fish.

Ember Tetra with Betta photo bomb. They are eating freeze dried daphnia in the picture.

Attachments

• 9DDB90AF-1F5B-43CE-8E9D-9D9823AF0DA6.jpeg
    9DDB90AF-1F5B-43CE-8E9D-9D9823AF0DA6.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 59
My favorite tetra....TWS usually has them, but shipping can be pricey
LiveAquaria has them in stock, both wild and tank-bred. They used to have cheaper shipping than others but they now have that stupid “box” charge which bumps up the total shipping price to $40 for overnight. 😤

These are my little guys, boraras maculatus. These are truly tiny. About the size of a thumbnail clipping. Photo with shrimp for scale of just how small they are.

17B2ADAB-A449-472B-B50C-9631EEA446E6.png

DE937118-91B1-4D93-9990-001D360500BD.jpeg

LiveAquaria has them in stock, both wild and tank-bred. They used to have cheaper shipping than others but they now have that stupid “box” charge which bumps up the total shipping price to $40 for overnight. 😤

These are my little guys, boraras maculatus. These are truly tiny. About the size of a thumbnail clipping. Photo with shrimp for scale of just how small they are.

View attachment 138619

View attachment 138620
I’m obsessed I’ve never seen these but now I must have 10000 lol

4D25DCA9-177F-440F-9951-2E242BE9169D.jpeg

my baby peacock gudgeon is my fav he makes the neon tetras and ember tetras in the tank look like monsters lol! Such a little sweetheart though he’s so cute! 🥺❤️

They are not too rare near me, most shops have them but not always in any great numbers. If I need them I often have to grab them when I can, particularly when creating larger groups of them. One of my larger tanks has over 50 in currently, although they do love to play in the plants so I can't see them all.

Here's some more of my small fish.

Ember Tetra with Betta photo bomb. They are eating freeze dried daphnia in the picture.
Wow, I would love to include them in a community tank in those numbers!

I’m obsessed I’ve never seen these but now I must have 10000 lol
Do it!! Even 50 would be a sight to see! They school very nicely.

I can’t really find much info on breeding them other than they scatter their eggs and try to eat them so the adults need to be separated from the eggs. I have a super dense carpet of staurogyne repens that I’m hoping will give the eggs some cover but I dunno how that will work out. I’ll just have to wait and see how they do.

My Ember Tetras are my favorite small fish, I keep them in a 55 gallon soft water tank with some neon and glow light tetras.

Attachments

• GEDC1573.JPG
    GEDC1573.JPG
    368 KB · Views: 48
  • GEDC1570.JPG
    GEDC1570.JPG
    345.3 KB · Views: 46

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back