Show Off Your Tank!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Nice! Aren't the Ember Tetras similar to the Von Rio Flame?

Someone correct me if need be, but aren't those two different species? I have von Rio tetras, and they aren't flames, which have stripes.

I've seen the name used synonymously at local fish stores but I don't know if they're the same or not. Some brand them as Von Rio Flame Tetras or Orange Flame Tetras.

My new 90L

imag0410j.jpg

Thanks :D I am presently surprised with my live plants, never had them in my old 28l but thought I would try them

my 29 gallon planted tank. most plants are new and still require a good amount of growing yet.

8d932ccf.jpg

ea526beb.jpg

Interesting ... I have von Rio tetras that have no vertical stripes like all the flame tetras I've seen. IMHO I think they should be different species.

Not all have stripes, google Flame Tetra, you'll find them both with stripes and without and somewhere in-between.

Well, I did google both von Rio and flame, and they all seem to be interchangeable.
lookaround.gif
That's my beef!

Well, I did google both von Rio and flame, and they all seem to be interchangeable.
lookaround.gif
That's my beef!

I agree with you. In fact I originally saw the Flame Tetras online with the stripes, some have 3 & some only have 2. Then PetCo had a sale of 5 for $5 so I thought I'd buy some and didn't realize they didn't have stripes until I got home. I still love the little buggers either way.

They should consider calling them a different name since they are different. Maybe one is wild caught & the other (probably the unstriped version) is farm raised? I did see some of the strped versions in person at "The Fish Room" which is a local fish only store. The strped version is also a bit less colorful than the type without the stripes.

We should start up a petition!!! :fish:

Finaly got some recent pics of my tanks done

55 gallon Cichlid tank

jan 12 049 by lordtwist2, on Flickr

wifes community tank(with loads of cory cat eggs again)

jan 12 045 by lordtwist2, on Flickr

75 gallon (most teh fish are hideing I moved the entire tank sunday so it was all torn down and redone)

jan 12 040 by lordtwist2, on Flickr

10 gallon male lobster tank(he is a messy eater and digs a lot so nhe buries food I have to scoop out the sand on the right side where it is dark every few weeks)

jan 12 039 by lordtwist2, on Flickr

5 gallon thats not in use yet still debateing

jan 12 044 by lordtwist2, on Flickr

29 gallon momma lobsters tank (same issue as daddys tank she buries food)

jan 12 029 by lordtwist2, on Flickr

That's alot of water changes Binge. LOL.
It's nice that the wife has a tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back