Show me your fishroom

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CharLee86

Reaction score
I started out with a 54litre tank in 2015 and than about 2 years later added a 32litre one.
In March 2020 my hobby and fish keeping interest really kicked off.
I got my self a 150 litre and just 2 months later a 320 litre tank.

I looove my 320l, its so much fun to scape.

After "the big boil of November" (my heater malfunctioned and more or less cooked 90% of my fish) I had a long hard look at my tanks and decided to downsize.

I sold my 150l and moved my focus over to my 3 remaining tanks.

Now just 3 months later im having to borrow my very good friends 140 litre tank to house my new breeding project ?. (Thank you again @EllRog )

Im very proud of my fishroom and I love coming up with new scapes and ideas.
I do try to not test my fish's patience to much though haha.

Aaaanyway, here are some pics of my fishroom.

Attachments

• 20210119_171229.jpg
    20210119_171229.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 1,543
  • 20210119_171315.jpg
    20210119_171315.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 20210119_171433.jpg
    20210119_171433.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 181
omg omgomg pls enter for totm! your tank is so gorgeous!
wish i had a fishroom
what fertilisers do you use?
Thank you so much. I think I will. Just got to get my new scale plan sorted.

I only add fertilizer like once a month.
I got 2 plecos in there and they do olenty of fertilizing hahaha.
Plus 5 oto's and one poor lonely peppered cory.
She lost 2 of her friends in "the big boil".

We are very lucky to be able to rent this big house.
Both me and my partner get to have our own rooms.
Love it.

My poor effort of my 30 Gallon.
Lots of plants removed to collect the 80 fry that where in there on Sunday.....now gone thank god ?
No rush to do it yet, theres nothing in there except a mating guppy pair & some Bronze Corydoras
I love bronze cory's ?. Really want to get some.
Only thing keeping me is potential deceases from the pet shop.
Don't want to wipe out the rest of my fish ?

Thank you so much. I think I will. Just got to get my new scale plan sorted.

I only add fertilizer like once a month.
I got 2 plecos in there and they do olenty of fertilizing hahaha.
Plus 5 oto's and one poor lonely peppered cory.
She lost 2 of her friends in "the big boil".

We are very lucky to be able to rent this big house.
Both me and my partner get to have our own rooms.
Love it.
oh no big boil,. that happened once but with real fire for me... ok. my 75gall is understocked so.. illl add normal ferts

Currently I have 6 tanks scattered all around the house. One is a guppy breeder which is a 5 gallon. Houses 1 female guppy (she's the mum) 5 fry, and 2 blue velvet shrimp and 3 red cherry shrimp. There is also a 5 gallon biorb which is a growout tank for some fish. (I guess it could be classed as a qt tank. There is a tank meant for my mums school in her room with 3 amber shrimp, a guppy (the others died from poor water quality) and a baby lemon ancistrus. My sister owns a 20 gallon which houses a ram, 5 pygmy corys, 2 false corys, 4 diamond neons, some sort of loach and also 2 bettas. Before I get any criticism, this tank was stocked before I came on this forum and we weren't aware of the GH system. I have two tanks in my bedroom, a 12 gallon community with 5 golden rummynoses, 1 dwarf blue gourami a female betta, 3 assorted corys and a lemon ancistrus. I also have a 33 gallon, which houses 6 black neon tetras, 4 lemon tetras, 6 dwarf neon rainbows 1 spotted raphael who I rarely see but he is a treat to see, 1 panda angel, who is a growout for my friend, 2 ancistrus, 4 panda corys and thats it. That tank is planted with a bunch of anacharis, an anubias and a driftwoodwith anubias attached along with some spiderwood and some fake plants which I'll probably remove for live plants. Anyway, that is my list of tanks, hope you enjoyed reading.

Nice setups by the way.

Hey dont get me wrong its not our hot tub we rented it for a weekend for my 10 yr olds birthday & our youngest was in it all weekend.
As for the blue light in the 10 Gallon, Its a moonlight, I normally switch it over to that from the daylight a little bit before lights out, Not only that its a bit easier on our eyes too at night during our chill out time

I have some work to do on my 30 Gall, ive got new handles for it & my pal is a joiner so we are going to wrap it all in beach or pine, Maybe white. I have a 50 Gallon too but there is nothing at all in it, Its doing a fishless cycle but the kids turned off the filter & heater so i may be starting over with that

As for the Corys i had 4 of them in that old 10 Gallon with a handfull of Neons but the Neons died after 2 years then the Corys started popping off 1 by 1 about a year later, all except 1 whos still here, hes now over 5 yrs old but he was on his own in the 10 Gall for 3 years until i started up properly again. He now has a few tankmates & they are always out looking for food.
As for diseases i only ever use 1 shop & have done for 20yrs. Although i did mix some guppies up from another place a while ago, Just so they wasnt inbred too much

Last edited:
Nice tanks! I hope you will enter them in our Tank of the Month contests. Our next one starts on February 1st and will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. March contest will feature tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller. April contest will feature tanks sized at 17 to 30 gallons.

my latest fishroom /shed I built 3-years ago, fed up with my old shop-bought shed I lost count of cost and time wasted doing repairs over the years with rotten floor boards and timber framing forever collapsing however it did last about 17 years , So I specially designed my new fish room to last ,

i built the shed with extra and stronger timbers, 4 inch thick polystyrene sheeting, inside walls plastic cladding, double glazed door and window, concrete base, uprights and racking concrete blocks and concrete lintels,
IMG_6321 (640x480).jpg IMG_6332.JPG

Attachments

• {22528964-270F-4523-A9BE-4668C2352037}-IMG_1004 (640x480).jpg
    {22528964-270F-4523-A9BE-4668C2352037}-IMG_1004 (640x480).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 105
  • S.JPG
    S.JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 105

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back