Show me your aqua babies (betta photos)!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ohhh I love that even more!! So funny how everyone comes up with their aqua baby's names :) Salvador had no name for about two weeks when I first bought him. I couldn't think of one but one day when I was watching him it just 'clicked' - it depends on their personalities!

Love it!
Pisces was the same, I called him Fish for a few weeks until my sister named him Pisces and it's stuck so now all 3 Bettas have water mythology related names.

Pisces was the same, I called him Fish for a few weeks until my sister named him Pisces and it's stuck so now all 3 Bettas have water mythology related names.
I feel like your names are a winning combo! Everyone always says my name's are too 'human' but I think they have all suited their names well. If you get a fourth Betta, would you continue the theme?!

I think Bettas suit human names as they have so much personality. I did have 2 others called Aquarius and Poseidon (He's the white one in my profile photo) but I lost them to a nasty ich outbreak and a really nasty secondary fungal infection so those names might get recycled at some point.

Ohhh I love that even more!! So funny how everyone comes up with their aqua baby's names :) Salvador had no name for about two weeks when I first bought him. I couldn't think of one but one day when I was watching him it just 'clicked' - it depends on their personalities!

Love it!
I like that name. It has to fit them. Still not sure about Halo. He has a blue halo but he’s a guy. When I first rescued him he had fin rot so bad that he only had a stump tail so I called him Stump. He deserves a better name since he worked so hard to survive.

Last edited:
I just love the first betta, Elvis :wub: love them all though :) this is my current boy Merlin just a regular veiltail, I should really call him Nemo as he has a deformed ventral fin!

Attachments

• IMG_20200107_092304.jpg
    IMG_20200107_092304.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 68
This is my current betta. The photo was taken just after I got him; it's a bit blurry because he wouldn't keep still. The small split in his tail from the shop has completely healed now.

I don't give my betta's names; every betta I've ever had, one at a time, has been known as Mr Fish.

Betta.jpg

I just love the first betta, Elvis :wub: love them all though :) this is my current boy Merlin just a regular veiltail, I should really call him Nemo as he has a deformed ventral fin!
Yes! Elvis has been my favourite betta so far (also due to his personality though too!)
Aww Merlin is adorable!!! I love his colours. I sometimes think that too, that I should/could have called mine names that suited them just as much as the name I chose. I.e. Arlo (the blue and white plakat) I could have called him Sonic due to his colours - his/ Merlin's white and blue colour combo is actually my favourite generally speaking! :)

Love seeing everyone's Bettas. Here is a photo of mine. His name is Alpha betta.

Attachments

• IMG_20190806_193946210.jpg
    IMG_20190806_193946210.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 63
I have been looking lately at betta at a Petco, my last one was dark red and lived for 4 years but this time around I am looking at blue ones. Just have to figure out how to talk the wife into another tank. I have several empty in the basement but with 4 larger tanks already I may have to wait awhile until setting up a 10 gallon tank for him.

I have been looking lately at betta at a Petco, my last one was dark red and lived for 4 years but this time around I am looking at blue ones. Just have to figure out how to talk the wife into another tank. I have several empty in the basement but with 4 larger tanks already I may have to wait awhile until setting up a 10 gallon tank for him.
If you have the funds, I guess getting a blue galaxy koi male. So beautiful and yet, not that prone to diseases. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back