Should this guppy be euthanized?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

cherryshrimp

Reaction score
Unfortunately Iā€™ve been battling fin rot in this tank and been unable to beat it for 2 months now. Today it may have finally claimed its first victim, as this guppy is laying on his side panting. He wants to get up and swim so badly but he just canā€™t. Itā€™s heartbreaking, should I euthanize with clove oil? I canā€™t imagine his suffering right now and itā€™s just not fair.

C1E9F828-DB2D-4777-A515-F7FEF01458D0.jpeg

I am sure fish don't feel pain like us. Just let him be. You never know miracles happen.

Clove oil is the second most approved way. The preferred way is blunt instrument, when done quickly it causes the least stress. Clove oil is the best method for people who feel they cannot do that.

I am sure fish don't feel pain like us. Just let him be. You never know miracles happen.

pain? Probably not, I doubt it was very painful. I think I blew out his liver with too much medication. miracles happen, but the likely result is him dying on the ground while other fish come by and pick at him. Instead of leaving him to die alone overnight, I euthanized him. Really sad :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back