Should I upgrade?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Cromid

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
Hey guys
I have this 15gal long tank, heavily planted and heavily stocked. Iā€™ve known itā€™s heavily stocked but water parameters are stable and I do regular water changes. Water is soft and slightly acidic.

Stocked with
12 harlequin rasbora
6 peppered corys
4 amano shrimp
10 cherry shrimp
1 nerite snail

but the corys have recently spawned and there are now 3 juvenile cories also in the tank and I just feel itā€™s too stocked up now.

I was thinking of upgrading to a 130l long tank and then adding a group of neon/cardinal tetras and maybe 2 dwarf gourami

thoughts?
Do you think the tank is now toooo heavily stocked and should update?

I also have a small 30l cube with my Betta in it, but sure thatā€™s too small for the juvi cories
92E0CA38-CDFB-44CC-A51C-19A0F695AEE1.jpeg

i think your fish will be happy if you upgrade though.
aww youre lucky you have so much duckweed all mine died because of my water flow

Beautiful tank. Maybe you should consider keeping this one up and running and setting up another tank to take the overload.

Beautiful tank. Maybe you should consider keeping this one up and running and setting up another tank to take the overload.
Thankyou!
I am super tempted haha, I just donā€™t have the biggest flat so finding a place for a 2nd tank of equal or bigger size is kinda difficult
But I guess I have some time until the juvenile cories get larger and work out a solution haha

Agree with Utar, the tank you have is too lovely to take down...get another, you can find room....no one really needs a couch, do they?

Agree with Utar, the tank you have is too lovely to take down...get another, you can find room....no one really needs a couch, do they?
Haha exactly! I donā€™t even watch the tv, I can get rid ??

Yes, you should upgrade as that's heavily stocked, but that tank is too beautiful to dismantle.

It really does not look overstocked and 3 cories won't cause any disasters. Unless you especially want to upgrade I would leave it. I would also not intervene if any fry do appear. The survival rate would probably be quite low if you leave it to nature, and if not you could always donate them to a local store.

OTOH if you are trying to justify an upgrade - well that's always easy :rofl:

It really does not look overstocked and 3 cories won't cause any disasters. Unless you especially want to upgrade I would leave it. I would also not intervene if any fry do appear. The survival rate would probably be quite low if you leave it to nature, and if not you could always donate them to a local store.

OTOH if you are trying to justify an upgrade - well that's always easy :rofl:
Thanks! Oh yeh those three were a total shock ahhaa! I didnā€™t even know they had bred and one day I just saw one swimming about! And since then another two haha ?

Wee update, Iā€™ve recently had an explosion of baby rcs in the tank, counted at least 12 juvenile shrimp which brings the total rcs in the tank to at least 22 with potentially more?

I know the bioload for shrimp is low but would you think this many extra in the tank would make a big difference?

I could start to move some across to my Bettaa 30l cube if necessary, but I dont imagine he wouldnā€™t take kindly to new tank mates

or could move the 4 Amanos to his tank instead since theyā€™re bigger n heā€™s less likely to attack them.

I don't think shrimp make a significant difference. It's more about how many you like to see in there and if they start bothering each other and other tank mates, but bioload is not an issue really. There have been times when I had over 100 in my 10G and I didn't have any problem.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back