Should I Remove Filter Housing?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

benthyer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I bought a tank second hand and it came with everything that I need but I found that the filter wasn't good enough for the size of the tank and the heater thought that 40C was the same as 25C!! Thank god nothing was in it!

I'm guessing that all of this was kept in the big plastic housing that is on the side of the tank. I am now - probably too late - thinking about whether or not I should remove it before I do much more? It's not massively important to me but how easy is it to remove? I believe it is just siliconed on.

What's your opinions on this or should I still use it to house my heater to keep it out of the way and then just hide it with decor and plants?

I'm not sure what tank it is, I have taken a picture of the logo but unfortunately it's not very clear as it's on the side next to the wall. Someone might recognize the logo

Hope someone can make use of this image

Ah ok, upload the photo mate and we may be able to make it out

If it is a Juwel, the filter housings are easy to remove with the tank empty, if its full it may be a little trickier, best thing to do would be use fishing line and work it up and carry out a saw like motion to cut through the silicone. Worked for me when i removed the rims on my 3' and dissassmbled the fluval edge, which is in a post some where :-/

The picture has for some reason been added to my previous post

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back