Should I move them back?!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Where did they hide in the big tank?

I would have tried giving them more hiding places in the bigger tank first, personally. Though I do know and understand your situation.
If you come across the chance to get them a bigger tank where they can be kept alone, I hope you can swap it out for them :)

Oh man the one on the left and front both look really thin and sickly. Have they come out to eat at all where they were at?
I was going to say the same thing. Great minds think alike :)

The rosy barbs would have been eating all the food and possibly picking on the loaches.

If they are happy in the smaller tank and eat in the smaller tank, leave them there. If you can find a slightly bigger tank in the future and move them into it, they would probably appreciate it. But right now I would just try to feed them up and get them happy again.

Khuli loaches have small stomachs and don't make a lot of mess or put a huge strain on the filter. Barry also does regular water changes so they are fine in the small tank.

I was going to say the same thing. Great minds think alike :)

The rosy barbs would have been eating all the food and possibly picking on the loaches.

If they are happy in the smaller tank and eat in the smaller tank, leave them there. If you can find a slightly bigger tank in the future and move them into it, they would probably appreciate it. But right now I would just try to feed them up and get them happy again.

Khuli loaches have small stomachs and don't make a lot of mess or put a huge strain on the filter. Barry also does regular water changes so they are fine in the small tank.
2 of them are skinny and died today is this parasitic diseases or just not eating?

It could be intestinal parasites but more likely lack of food.

Monitor their poop and see what it looks like. If it's white and stringy, then it's a problem.

It could be intestinal parasites but more likely lack of food.

Monitor their poop and see what it looks like. If it's white and stringy, then it's a problem.
I have never seen my kuhli loaches poop before, should I move this guy to QT?

Just fatten them up and leave them alone now. They were happy in this tank before. I am sorry you have lost a few. Take care

It seems like they have a red wound or a spot on their head too
@Colin_T does this mean the substrate is too sharp?
1836DA2D-79D7-4415-94F0-CC0E1B58EC42.jpeg
F0FF7741-ABF5-42D1-9DA0-0DA4F407F641.jpeg

You cn test the sand by rubbing some across your wrist. If it scratches you it's sharp and could scratch the fish.

The fish in the pictures looks like it has a bacterial infection on its neck area by the fin. However, unless more fish develop the same symptoms, I wouldn't bother treating it.

You cn test the sand by rubbing some across your wrist. If it scratches you it's sharp and could scratch the fish.

The fish in the pictures looks like it has a bacterial infection on its neck area by the fin. However, unless more fish develop the same symptoms, I wouldn't bother treating it.
Does salt treatment work on kuhli?

Id be wary, if you add salt, do very little. They're scaleless fish and can be more delicate to some medicines, and even salt.

Id add Indian almond leaves for the tannins to help

Does salt treatment work on kuhli?
It depends on what the problem is. For some external protozoan infections and minor fungal and bacterial infections it can work, but unless you know what the problem is, you don't need to add anything. Just keep the tank clean and feed them, see how they go. If more fish get skinny and start to die, then they have a problem, most likely an internal problem.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back