Should I move them back?!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
So basically I have had 27 kuhli in 6 gal tank and I moved them to 24 gal (with more hiding spaces) months ago and they seems to be stressed, not eating as much as they usually do and a really weird behavior which seems to made 5 of them died in the same week.

it’s not the water that is causing the problem cause I use well water and is already filtered

Should I move them back to 6 gal?

@NCaquatics you might be remember my old post on 27 kuhli so...I really need your help.
@Colin_T

If they were happy in the smaller tank then move them back into it or something in between that and their current tank.

Ok, this might be a dumb question, but 27 kuhli loaches in a 6 gallon aquarium? Are these fry?

Would not move them back into the 6, no.
Give them time to settle, add more hiding places and leaf litter to the new tank.

Is it possible that sand damaged kuhli gills or swallowing sand to death? @Colin_T

Kuhlis are sand sifters.
What kind of sand do you use?

Why did you move them. I said if they were happy leave them alone, I can remember they all looked happy and healthy in the small tank.

Why did you move them. I said if they were happy leave them alone, I can remember they all looked happy and healthy in the small tank.
Welp, I'm scared of someone judging me on that sort of stuff, sometime fishkeeping is just an experience.

There was this person that is always rude to me....

I'm not talking about you @NCaquatics :) or @Colin_T

Last edited:
Looks like a play sand type sand, so I dont think the sand would have caused any damage.
Where did you get the sand?

Looks like a play sand type sand, so I dont think the sand would have caused any damage.
Where did you get the sand?
LFS it say on the bag that it's not gonna make aquarium cloudy and will sink in a minuit.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back