Should I give up my Corydora?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Before you return him to Petco, consider looking for other local hobbyists on tropical fish groups on places like FB. I know that I have a large school of bronze and albino cories, and would adopt your cory in a heartbeat if I lived closer, so he could have friends and a large tank to swim around in. Others will feel the same!
You could also ask here if someone nearby with cories of his species could take him.

Then you know he is going to a good home.

It's not easy to give up a pet, but you know in your heart of hearts that if you cannot give him what he requires - and he really does need friends of his species, and a larger tank - then finding him a good home is the responsible thing to do.
I really love your response. I donā€™t want to give him back to petco at all. I would love to find a better home for him with other friends. Iā€™ll look for some groups, it might be hard to find someone in Tennessee but I will try my best

I really love your response. I donā€™t want to give him back to petco at all. I would love to find a better home for him with other friends. Iā€™ll look for some groups, it might be hard to find someone in Tennessee but I will try my best

That's great! It's also possible to send fish through the post, we call it shipping. I haven't done it personally myself so can't give much advice, but carefully packaged, you could send him to someone in a nearby state even. Networking through local fishkeeping groups seems to be the best way :)

Or instead of Petco, see where your nearest, privately owned, mom and pop type store is. My old local privately owned fish store took in fish from owners who were no longer able to keep them, and that's how I acquired my albino cories. More likely to find a decent home, if your LFS is a good one. They're not all good, but are likely to be better than the big chains.

If you're able to share some photos of your cory, that would be useful, so we can confirm which species he is. There are a few different species that have albino colour mutations, so if we make sure of the species, you'll know which species of cories he needs a home with. :)

Most reactions

trending

Back