Should I give them away?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It does not help that they appear to be protecting fry in the video you showed.

Convict cichlids get along with arguable no other Cichlids. They are some of the most aggressive fish ounce for ounce that I've ever seen. They most certainly do NOT belong in any tank with cories, swordtails or Kuhili loaches. That's torture to the other fish and will certainly result in their deaths.

I would return/give away those fish IMMEDIATELY.
That's what I'm planning... I already saw my other fish at the top of the tank already. I do agree with you.

That's what I'm planning... I already saw my other fish at the top of the tank already. I do agree with you.

Glad we're on the same page! Just to give you an idea of how aggressive they can become (as you have not seen their worst side yet).

In an earlier time, when I had no clue about fish keeping, I purchased 3 Black Convicts hoping they'd pair off. They did in about 3 seconds and within 2 hours COMPLETELY DE-SCALED the other Convict. It was black when I put it in there, when I took it out it was pink. I placed it in a community tank and tried to nurse it back to health with melafix unsuccessfully.

If I were you I'd bag them now and head straight to the LFS.

I see some very aggressive fish. I say give them back to your LFS. Fish that aggressive can’t be kept with other mellow fish. It never works.

Glad we're on the same page! Just to give you an idea of how aggressive they can become (as you have not seen their worst side yet).

In an earlier time, when I had no clue about fish keeping, I purchased 3 Black Convicts hoping they'd pair off. They did in about 3 seconds and within 2 hours COMPLETELY DE-SCALED the other Convict. It was black when I put it in there, when I took it out it was pink. I placed it in a community tank and tried to nurse it back to health with melafix unsuccessfully.

If I were you I'd bag them now and head straight to the LFS.
This Thursday (I can't on any other day) I'm going to my LFS to get new filter and I will give them away.
I see some very aggressive fish. I say give them back to your LFS. Fish that aggressive can’t be kept with other mellow fish. It never works.
Yep, I'm gonna give them away this week.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back