Should I get a jaguar cichlid to replace my dead oscar

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Big Boy Fish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I need to know this, are jaguars like oscar, do jaguars have a good personality and will jaguar go with a 6'dinosaur bichir, 3'blood parrot and a 4'royal pleco.

If you replied thanks
If not, no thanks

In my experience they are tougher, more territorial and better fighters and attackers, as large predatory fish.

I need to know this, are jaguars like oscar, do jaguars have a good personality and will jaguar go with a 6'dinosaur bichir, 3'blood parrot and a 4'royal pleco.

If you replied thanks
If not, no thanks

What size tank is it?

Very unlikely to work out IMO Jags and relatives need a much more considered tank rather than adding to an existing tank. How about a Salvini? Similar body shape and face but IMO better colours, not as aggressive (though still very aggressive) and stay smaller.

Wills

Just wondering how big was the Oscar that died and why do you want a replacement? Seems like your current occupants are cool enough. I have 100 gal tank, recently two large cichlids died: a Jack Dempsey and a Severum, both lived almost 1o years. The tank is a bit empty looking without them the current residents are happy: orange peacock, 2 birchers, a T- Barb, a small albino pleco and a common pleco., So it really depends on what strikes your fancy hopefully you got the answers you need to make a good decision.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back