Should I Buy This Tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

holidayinn

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi

I've been offered a tank, stand and extras, a real good deal. Its a 6*1.2*2 500l glass tank. Only one snag, a chip at the front exterior corner of the tank, two/three inches up, on what looks like the outside glass pane (furthest point away from the inside). The chip is clean, hasnt penetrated the adjoining glass or the silicon. I can fit the top of my finger nail in it kind of size, like so: -------- wide not so high though.

Would this affect the integrity of the tank? Should I stay away? Should I take any measures before I purchase the tank? Would there be anything I can do after purchase.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Holiday

if i were gonna spend money on a tank, and from what you said about dimensions, id just go buy a brand new tank. i mean thats a lot of water to spill out...

Yeah, it would be a hell of a lot of water and mess. The seller is adamant that the chip does not affect the structure/integrity of the tank. Indeed I can understand his logic, a picture would help i guess. Would there be any value in asking him to fill the tank up then seeing how it lasts a week or so? Obviously if he refuses, I would walk away...

The chip isnt on the pane as such, its directly on the right angle, but 2" up or so, like a small chunk taken out but not deep penetration or air gap from what I can make out

if it were me, i wouldnt buy it, i would save my money and buy and brand new one with an external filter, heater ect alreay there

thats alot of water pressure to be put on a weakened bit of glass, Dont do it!

I wouldnt buy it m8

I had a very big tank a few years ago..with a small chip at the outside of the tank near that bottom corner...roughly an inch or two from the bottom.

It lasted about 8months then burst...try finding a tank on xmas eve...lolol

Lost my koi...was really gutted...and neighbour below wasnt too pleased either :blush: :crazy:

deffo do not buy, unless you fancy redecorating your home anyway =p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back