Should I breed out this Guppy Strain?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

abegonzalez0221

Reaction score
Does anyone find these two appealing? Iā€™m trying to decide if I should breed out a strain of these. They were a really random coloration out of all the cobra tailed ones I have. Unless it was the other female who spawned these. Idk I think a feeder male mustve crossed with one of the cobra females i had on accident because thereā€™s only these two and one other bluer male that i couldnt get in the ****. Theyā€™re still young, iā€™d say 4-5 months old, and they have an endler like tail, its still delta shaped but like the middle is clearer and the tips are darker. Does anyone find these appealing? Like I said, tryna decide if I should persue a strain.

Attachments

• 60A7E56A-95CF-41F4-BD98-9FD69B3997B7.jpeg
    60A7E56A-95CF-41F4-BD98-9FD69B3997B7.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 108
They look like those Gummy Cola Bottles or tempered steel! Ahaha, I don't mind the look of them at all

I had similar ones in the past. But they were a mix of wild guppies and fancy ones. The black makes makes them more present. If you like to maintain the short tailed look and the same coloration on the body, breed them to grey (blend) females (preferably a wildtype) that are recessive to the genes of their own strain.
The tail doesn't look like endler influence might be in there. The father or mother must have some short tail genes in them. But if you have bought those females from the store (or somewhere else), 1 Or more females may have mated with another male before. And they could've used those sperm packets as well. Which makes the outcome of the fry diverse.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back