Should I be worried.. Day 3 looks like cob webs on wood..

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Box of Demons

Reaction score
Day 3 added benifical bacteria and 5 hours of light and c02.. Day 3 has weird cob webs on wood.. Should I be worried?

Attachments

• IMG_20200316_190453.jpg
    IMG_20200316_190453.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 56
It's fungus on the wood. Take the wood out and hose it off then put the wood back in the tank. Remove and hose off any time the white fungus comes back. It should stop after a few weeks.

Dam. I can't just tie wrapped everything down.. Will it disappear after a while?. Is it harmful? Getting shrimp before fish.. Hoping they might tackle it.

It normally stops growing back after it is washed off but can continue to grow for a few weeks. It might harm fish and shrimp if it is in large amounts so the safest thing to do is wash it off asap.

It's common on new pieces of wood that haven't been soaked before. The fungus grows on the rotting wood and when it is hosed off it normally doesn't come back.

Are you getting the shrimp just to get rid of the fungus? If so, don't get the shrimp. Never get a fish/shrimp just to clean something up.

Many people think this way with plecos. They think, "Oh, I have an algae problem, lets get a pleco." This never works out and can be harmful to the stock you already have.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back