Should I be worried about this?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

connorlindeman

Addicted to aquatic plants
Reaction score
should I do anything about the fins on my guppie or will they correct themselves?
IMG_4478.JPG

It should be ok because it's so small, but you need to find out what's causing it and fix it so it won't get worse.
How sharp are those plants?
water parameters?
Tank mates?
How often do you do tank cleans?

It should be ok because it's so small, but you need to find out what's causing it and fix it so it won't get worse.
How sharp are those plants?
water parameters?
Tank mates?
How often do you do tank cleans?
the plants are plenty soft.
ammonia 0
nintrite 0
nitrate 5 ppm
ph 7.1

tank mates are 4 other fancy guppies and 6 neon tetra
Water change every 3 - 4 weeks

ammonia 0
nintrite 0
nitrate 5 ppm
ph 7.1

the neons might be nipping him
the ph is a little low for guppy but ok for neon tetras idk

ammonia 0
nintrite 0
nitrate 5 ppm
ph 7.1

when my fish started having problems with their fins fraying or literally disappearing… The only thing that worked was daily water changes. Or at least every other day. I like to add a little bit of Melafix which is an antibiotic that helps fin regeneration, but the easiest and most reliable way is daily or by daily water changes. Hope that helps!!

when my fish started having problems with their fins fraying or literally disappearing… The only thing that worked was daily water changes. Or at least every other day. I like to add a little bit of Melafix which is an antibiotic that helps fin regeneration, but the easiest and most reliable way is daily or by daily water changes. Hope that helps!!
if melafix does not work use salt

It looks like someone is biting the tails. Monitor them and find out who the culprit is and remove them.

If the tails start to look infected, add some salt. Use 1-2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt per 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep salt in there for 2 weeks.

It looks like someone is biting the tails. Monitor them and find out who the culprit is and remove them.

If the tails start to look infected, add some salt. Use 1-2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt per 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep salt in there for 2 weeks.
thanks colin. ill do that

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back