The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wills

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So I've had this scape going for a couple of months now and I've never been 100% happy with it. Since it was set up I've seen it as an evolving scape and as part of this plan of evolution I wanted to add more branches from the left to the right and make more of the arch in the middle of the tank.

I bought some wood off eBay and I've slightly over estimated how big the wood was and it is quite substantial to the point where I probably wont put it all in but there are some cracking pieces. I've also got a decent sized piece of Frodo Stone not in the tank at the moment and there are 2-3 pieces of Frodo Stone in the tank that are now essentially hidden by the plants so I could do more with them if I moved them.

So I'm basically happy with the front half of the tank in terms of the carpet and stems which is what puts me off a full rescape as I would need to get all the shrimps out where as if I just add to it I get to keep the carpet in place.

Either way I want to move away from the Limnophila and 53b and get more Rotala species - been really inspired by some of Filipe Oliveira tanks and now I have one Rotala species in the tank you can see how it will bush out much more than the larger leaved species. Probably removing one species as I add the other. The Cardamine that is currently in the middle of the tank would move too - probably to the back left corner but I have been hacking it back so I'm not sure how prominent it is in the tank any more as some of the other plants have picked up and I'm less scared of loosing the nutrient sink it provides me.

30F7E930-AB64-4199-9654-89FA3DA645E2_1_105_c.jpeg

3A022828-8364-45D6-AC34-A63A4FB2A28E_1_105_c.jpeg

Wills :)

I think looks amazing as is mate , only way I think it could look better is with tannins but I’m getting a real liking for black water at the moment , if yiur not happy tho have a change up but I’m that impulsive I’m like a seagul of nemo I chase anything that catches my eye

I would personally add another piece (maybe break one of the ones you got off of eBay) off to the right side (back right) and some more of those stones you have. This would give sort of a valley feel, once you

Also I would add some taller plants in the back of the tank.

Other than that, it’s an amazing tank - I really like the front half. :)

I think looks amazing as is mate , only way I think it could look better is with tannins but I’m getting a real liking for black water at the moment , if yiur not happy tho have a change up but I’m that impulsive I’m like a seagul of nemo I chase anything that catches my eye
I love your sayings, lol. :rofl:

Ive always enjoyed the look of this tank. The wood that remains on the left sank a little didn't it? Not sure if you can manoeuvre it up again maybe so it breaches the surface, give it some height?
I think us viewers need to bear in mind that this is a two-sided scape in terms of your viewing angles isnt it? Can you post a pic of the side as you see it too?

Thanks guys - I think I'm going to keep it similar but I am going to move some stuff around. Need to get this new wood to sink first and then I can get a plan together.

Ive always enjoyed the look of this tank. The wood that remains on the left sank a little didn't it? Not sure if you can manoeuvre it up again maybe so it breaches the surface, give it some height?

This is a really good point I might get some cable ties wrapped around the wood and see if I can get it to pull back in better. I've tried a couple of mosses in the tank now and Flame Moss seems to do well so I could add some of that to help cover it too. Making it look like a tree trunk and breaking the surface would help it and free up some space in the middle.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back