Should I Add Anything Else?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tank212

Fish Addict
Reaction score
About a week ago I got 6 yellow labs and 2 kenyi. My tank is a 55gal and has two filters running on it. I was wondering if I could add anything else to my tank if so does anyone have any ideas on what to add?

Yeah you can have double whats already in there and maybee a couple more if you wanted. :) maybee you could add another 2 kenyi maybee some Pseudotropheus socolofi and some Pseudotropheus acei they're a couple of my favourites.

The Kenyi are going to present a problem. Adding more is important to distibute their high aggression and eventually if you just keep two you can be sure you'll end up with just one. Your best bet is to get rid of them altogether and go for milder fish to avoid inevitable future fatalities, but that's your choice.

Either way, you do have room to add several more fish. Except for adding more Kenyi (or getting rid of them) you have a lot of choice in what you can add, and it largly comes down to personal taste and availability. Just don't get anything that looks like something you already have, and aim for groups, not pairs.

Ok so the kenyi are gone now.
freddy that is exactly what I want to do is add more groups. Can I add some tang fish with the labs? I'm a big fan of calvus. I am also looking into some cynotilapia afra or pseudotropheus acei, I can't decide.
Could I get a group of 3 of each calvus and afra? Or should I stick with mbuna and forget the calvus and get something else?

Personally id stick with mbuna and the Pseudotropheus acei are really nice fish not agressive (as mbuna go) and would fit nice in your tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back