Shots of my pico reef

impur

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Here are a couple pics of my pico reef i have going. It is one of the Deco-art aquavase tanks. Comes with light and filter and on sale at petco for 19.99!!! Anyway, inhabitants are a single green zoo, 1 astrea snail, and 2 blue-legged hermits. I mod'd the light by cutting down the stem about 3" and i covered the tank with cyran wrap to help with evaporation. I will add a few more TINY corals this weekend!

P6080107.jpg

P6080106.jpg

That is so cool! Now after seeing this I wanna try one! Could you give me directions on how you set it up?

I simply removed the media that came with the filter, i also cut down the stem for the light so the light is closer to the water surface. This helps heat the tank, so no huge unsightly heater in there. I used about a pound of live sand, and around 2 pounds of live rock. It sat for about 3 weeks cycling, the only thing i added was FW for topoff. It loses about 5ml of water a week, so not much. With the cyran wrap it helps a ton. I added the hermits and snail when ammonia and nitrites came down and the zoo came from my 10 gal. It has broken free from its regular colony so i decided to let it start a new one in this tank. I also added a small GSP frag and everything is doing great!!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back