Short lived surprise

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Good luck. Cling film may be useful to create the right humidity levels for the fry.
Would that be best over the whole tank? The humidity level is quite high in that tank as the hood completely encloses it. I've noticed when I do water changes if I shut the lid just for a few minutes there is vapour on the glass.
I do think I may end up buying another smaller tank and move Big Daddy and either Split Fin or Solid Maybe in there but then that's if I really want to breed. It may end up just being eventually getting one successful pairing with the breeding net then just leaving it to nature just for the sake of getting one batch of fry. I feel like it may take a few spawnings before I achieve that goal.

Would that be best over the whole tank? The humidity level is quite high in that tank as the hood completely encloses it. I've noticed when I do water changes if I shut the lid just for a few minutes there is vapour on the glass.
Should be alright then.

A photo of Big Daddy flaring at Split Fin. They're not particularly easy fish to take photos of.
20200112_001405.jpg

From what little I find on breeding them, if they're going to match it should be today as they hatch within 36 hours or so. I'm going to leave the tank light off until this afternoon as I also read that dim lighting will help them hatch so just got to wait and see now. Infusoria culture is growing on the window sill just in case I do actually get anything.

As far as I can tell so far no eggs have hatched. I'm going to leave the breeding net in for another couple of days in the hope that some of the eggs are viable. I think I am going to try picking up a tank for breeding. I was having a look round at what space I have available and I think if I move a plastic set of drawers then I can fit a 10-15 gallon tank in if I find one with a stand. I'm not looking to get into breeding properly but I would like to get some fry out of these guys if possible. I think my attempt at getting these ones into the breeding net may have damaged the nest too much.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back