Shocked or amazed

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
Iv literally just watched a video of an Oscar eating a live mouse on YouTube !! Not gonna post the link but if intrested simply search Oscar eats mouse ... Iā€™m shocked and amazed at the same time , amazed that an Oscar didnā€™t hesitate and simply took the mouse .. it was alive so it basically drowned before it got eaten fully and shocked that the owner feeds live mammals to his fish ( I say him as itā€™s safe to assume that it was a man) , I canā€™t decide weather I agree or disagree with the practice or weather itā€™s just unnecessary , any thoughts ? Is it any differnt to feeding them live bugs because part of me feels like it is lol

Iā€™m never a fan of live feeding especially oscars who will eat anything I think feeding mammals like this is unnecessary. I think it happens usually when fish keepers have reptiles too and feeding mice and large insects is common and no big deal but for fish like an Oscar you know itā€™s just too much theyā€™ll take any pellet, frozen or even flake. Maybe super predatory fish feeding live fish is debatable but just donā€™t think this has a place in the hobby for me

Iā€™m never a fan of live feeding especially oscars who will eat anything I think feeding mammals like this is unnecessary. I think it happens usually when fish keepers have reptiles too and feeding mice and large insects is common and no big deal but for fish like an Oscar you know itā€™s just too much theyā€™ll take any pellet, frozen or even flake. Maybe super predatory fish feeding live fish is debatable but just donā€™t think this has a place in the hobby for me
I think I agree I mean it was awesome to watch in a way but I couldnā€™t see the benefit of doing it , I donā€™t think I would of even remembered the video if the mouse was dead , think it was the point tht the mouse knew something was wrong instantly, I donā€™t think Iā€™d actively argue with someone for doing it but itā€™s not something Iā€™d want my children to see

I think I agree I mean it was awesome to watch in a way but I couldnā€™t see the benefit of doing it , I donā€™t think I would of even remembered the video if the mouse was dead , think it was the point tht the mouse knew something was wrong instantly, I donā€™t think Iā€™d actively argue with someone for doing it but itā€™s not something Iā€™d want my children to see
I agree live feeding is a horror show and best avoided, but we all get a bit curious - I made the mistake of seeing live goldfish fed to a piranha tank, not a pretty sight.

Oscars will eat anything that moves. Not a friendly fish. I like my mate he had a six foot tank that ran beside his dinning room table. There were six Oscars in the tank when he ate dinner the Oscars would get some to, it was a great party trick. I loved having tea at his place.

Itā€™s a hard one for me , if I decided to own an Oscar I would feed him live foods like slugs and snails maybe even small frogs and fish and Iā€™d just say owel nature but for some reason Iā€™m completely against feeding fish live mammals strange what people find acceptable and where we draw a line , growing up my mom had a Indian python big 6ft snake and when he would go on hungry strikes from eating his frozen rats me and my brother would go to the pet shop buy a gerbil or something and throw it in heā€™d eat it then heā€™d start eating his dead ones again , I could feed mammals to snakes but again Iā€™d pick and choose rats yes rabbits no

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back