Shibby Time Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
He only took a job there to get cheap fish stuff and rub it in peoples faces. I say we just take him outside and beat the granny out of him! :p

sssshhhh il set the picasso triggers on me they harrased me enough yesterday!!

and after 1 week of working there im in charge of dish dep tomorow lol! i still dont no where everything is!

tomorow is gonan be a fun morning, catching all fishies since they all have whitespot, i have no quarenteen tank so there coming to work for perhaps a freshwater dip, some copper absed meds, and cleaner shrimp or goby may help them out ...

also i have ammonia levels, whats teh best way to rid them 100% water change or sumin??

today i added 20-25kg of live rock didnt weigh it but for £60 i didnt complain, its been out of water for like 3-4 hours so of course mini cycle time! but fortunately all of my fishies are at work since my tank was nuked by whitespot so there being treated im gonan treat all my fish there from now on so if i buy one im gonan mela or pimafix it for a few days before taking it home for the best i think!!

coming up on shibby time:

24/08 aka payday dual t5's will be put in giving me 160 watts of lighting meaning corals polyps leathers and a few easy xenias! fish will go back in as well about then. o and + a skimmer not sure what one yet v2 400 will take around 5 weeks to arrive from now .... may check out ebay.

stay tuned.

today i got my first coral :D ive given up on fish for the time beign i was gonan get nmy wrasses they all have whitespot though so i didnt buy them god i hate whitespot!!

i have 2 clowns new black and white clowns old two died in quarenteen gotta be worst quarenteen tank eveer the guy i work with is an arragant guy who dosent know alot but thinks hes right watever so wont listen wen i say change something.

anyways ive got a green button polyp i think! may get a yellow one tomorow ... its opened up well! just gonna keep two clowns in there with it for now, about to give up with my luck on fishies whitespot destroys moral :| but my tank having been fishless for over a week treated and 75% water change should be okay for whitespot now i dont no though :(

i dunno wether to get double t5's yet or not the corals i want polpys, sun coral and leathers say they dont like bright lights soooo il see how they go i suppose costign me an arm and leg excecially after this exceptionally guttign month :(

just 60 watts at moment, recon i need to upgrade it ?

i heard they like low to moderate light so my plan is 3 sections the tank will have polyps on left under the 60watt t8's, mushrooms, xenias and sun coral in middle uder t8's and have a bit of t5's, then right hand side harder corals under 2x t5's and the t8's .... hows that sound?

im also trying hard to get a skimmer but v2s have a 6 week waiting period :| i only have 2 clowns ansd im not adding any more fish untill a.) the ones i want/own have been cured of whitespot in the qt. b.) got a skimmer may even try and custonmise a new bigger drill it use my current as a sump :D thats right taking a bigger plunge so i can get everything higher tech and hopefully easier to control!

new in. ...

1 largish cleaner shrimp

1 carpenters flasher wrasse favourate marine fish for me! though its acclimistisation didnt go to well it leapt out the bag as soon as i opened it :|

1 six line or pajama wrasse

my cameras still at pentax there rather slow, so pictures will have to wait!!

anyone know of any nice wrasses from singapore area i get to do the singapore imports on thrusday for work and what some nice colourful wrasses for the store!

another update. ive just got one of the smallest picasso triggers ive seen, my puffer and wrasse are bigger then him he must be about 2-3 inches long.

he cost a total of £9.00 i couldnt say no really its gonna be a fair few years before he gets close to outgrowing my tank i figure. first fish added in a fair while, im hoping whitespot has left me alone for the time being! may add a neon goby and one more pred type fish then that will be final stocking i think 5 fish is enough for me.

The newbie.

IMGP1783.jpg

Spot all 3

IMGP1789.jpg

6 Line

IMGP1797.jpg

IMGP1801.jpg

Valentini

IMGP1798.jpg

IMGP1800.jpg

fts

IMGP1803.jpg