Shell Dweller Journal

Glad to see someone else with Brevis, congrats on the fry, and i hope you successfully can deal with that damn algae.

I had an algae problem too. The shells got gradually more and more covered in thick brown stuff which could be peeled off in sheets but which quickly grew back just as thick. On some shells which didn't have an occupant it totally covered the opening. I put it down to the excess of food in that area as they wouldn't let the scavengers - shrimps, loaches, corydoras, near to clean up as they did in the rest of the tank. As the multies were not bothered I left it until today when I have put them into a tank by themselves. They are sulking dreadfully and I really think they miss the stimulation of seeing off the other fish from their patch also quite a few have not come out of their shells for hours- hope they are not stuck... Good luck with your algae!

You could go for dither fish something like a high tolerant rainbow or the like..Personally id just wait for the babies to start rollin, youll have plenty in that tank in no time. Also depends what your territories are like, and how many babies youd want to keep.

Wish i had two pairs: at 120$ a fish over here its a lucrative business.

Right, after realising that tonight was the third day lol

I went ahed and tore them right off!

*Drumroll please* (Remembering my sand was COMPLETELY covered with green slimy sludge lol)

:band:

DSC02240.jpg

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I REALLY carn't believe the results!

A little close-up of the sand:

DSC02241.jpg

And again lol:

DSC02242.jpg

WOW!

I SERIOUSLY reccomend people to try this :nod:

Thanks alot JayJay :good:

Speaks for itself really....

Cheers,

Maximus

wow, amazing i dont know if i should try with fry in there, i shall decide in the morning but amazing to see the results thanks for postin :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back