Sharing The Feed

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lalford

Reaction score
Hi i cannot seem to stop my platties eating all the food. I have one Silver Shark , about 6 inches. 5 platties 3mollies and 9 black neon tetras. I feed them a pinch of flake in the morning, and bloodworm in the evening. But the platties are getting fatter and fatter and everything else seems to be eating very little. any recomendations for ways around this problem?

They really have got fat little bellies no im worried they're about to pop!!

33 gallon. the problem is they eat food from every level of the tank so its hard to separate it.

My tetras are greedy too, what I do is put some slow sinking "distraction food" in one corner of the tank. Once they are sufficiently distracted, I take a few sinking pellets for my bottom feeders in my palm, make a fist, and submerge it down to about half way on the other side.

The tetras usually don't see the sinking pellets, so they don't go after them unless they stumble across them.

Another strategy is to feed bottom feeders after lights out, since they are usually nocturnal anyway.

This might work for your tetras/shark. If they are hungry enough, they might sniff out the food at night.

Most reactions

trending

Back