Share Anything Christmas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Back when "It's a wonderful life" came out, it ran afoul of the US communist hunters in the FBI, who thought it was 'an obvious attempt to discredit bankers'. That's one of my favourite xmas movie backstories. I wonder what they thought of Scrooge?
Also, due to a clerical error involving the copyright, the movie went for many years being in the public domain. Finally, I think in the 1990's, a copyright was re-issued on the basis of 'The Greatest Gift', the short story that Wonderful Life is based, was still under copyright.

Also, due to a clerical error involving the copyright, the movie went for many years being in the public domain. Finally, I think in the 1990's, a copyright was re-issued on the basis of 'The Greatest Gift', the short story that Wonderful Life is based, was still under copyright.
How do you know so much about this movie lol?

How do you know so much about this movie lol?
I just remembered that I had heard that it was in the public domain for a long time so did a search. One of the results was comprehensive:

I also search a lot of movies that are based on real life situations to see how accurate they are. For instance the movie Rudy with Sean Austin isn't bad as to accuracy but a lot is not totally accurate. Then there is the old B&W movie, Sergeant York, with Gary Cooper that is VERY accurate as Alvin York and his family refused to sign off on the movie unless accuracy was maintained.

One must remember that I'm a bit of a media junkie with a library of well over 1000 movies.

I just remembered that I had heard that it was in the public domain for a long time so did a search. One of the results was comprehensive:

I also search a lot of movies that are based on real life situations to see how accurate they are. For instance the movie Rudy with Sean Austin isn't bad as to accuracy but a lot is not totally accurate. Then there is the old B&W movie, Sergeant York, with Gary Cooper that is VERY accurate as Alvin York and his family refused to sign off on the movie unless accuracy was maintained.

One must remember that I'm a bit of a media junkie with a library of well over 1000 movies.
Interesting...

Interesting...
It actually is interesting. Take Judy Garland, Dorothy, and the movie The Wizard Of OZ... She died young at the age of 48 largely due to drug addictions caused by the movie. During filming they would feed her drugs to keep her awake and active to make filming schedules. Another interesting thing about this movie was Glinda, Billie Burke, the good witch of the north. I'm sure that you have seen the movie. When she played this part she was still gorgeous but, believe it or not, she was 55 years old.

It actually is interesting. Take Judy Garland, Dorothy, and the movie The Wizard Of OZ... She died young at the age of 48 largely due to drug addictions caused by the movie. During filming they would feed her drugs to keep her awake and active to make filming schedules. Another interesting thing about this movie was Glinda, Billie Burke, the good witch of the north. I'm sure that you have seen the movie. When she played this part she was still gorgeous but, believe it or not, she was 55 years old.
Yes, I have seen it, we have it actually. The drug adduction sounds familiar. Very interesting about 1 movie though...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back