Sgooosh - November 2022 Tank of the Month Winner (31 gal & larger)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
November 2022 Tank
of the Month Contest
We had 7 awesome tanks entered in this month's TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 31 gallons & larger but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Sgooosh
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description

1667354714434-png.303877
size, age of setup, fish stocking, water parameters, ferts used, lighting, filtration type, aeration, tank maintenance procedures, feeding schedules, etc.
This 75g Tank is a MarineLand Majesty model, my 2nd tank, and my first non-makeshift tank. It has gone through so many things, good and bad, and this forum really helped shape this tank to what it is today, and what it will be in the future. I've had an diatom takeover, black beard algae takeover, Ich issues, unhealthy plants, but with the help of this forum and everyone in here, many new plants were added, problems fixed, and so much more :).

This tank is around 2 years old, almost 3, It's birthday is before christmas.
Plants:
I have so many species of random plants, but I'll try to list the most common ones.
-bacopa Carolina
-rotala rotundiflora "Blood red" and "Green"
-vallisneria "giant" and "american"
-Vesicularia montagnei "Christmas" Moss
-Echinodorus "amazon" and "red Rubin Amazon" sword plant

Fish:
-Poecilia Reticulata "mutt guppy"
-Xiphophorus helleri "neon swordtail"
-Corydoras aeneus "green/bronze cory"
- trichopodus leerii "Leeri/Pearl Gourami"
Parameters:
Nitrate: close to 0
Nitrite: 0
Amm:0
ph: 7.6-7.8
hardness: 120
Fertilizers:
a half dose of what it says on the label for:
-Seachem Flourish root tabs
-Seachem Flourish liquid formula

Lighting:
- Finnex 24/6 CRV
Filtration:
-Internal Canister Filter
Aeration:
-Bubble stone
Maintenance:
-weekly water change of 5-10 gallons, take out rotten plants, replant stuff
-feed 2 times a day with: shrimp tablets, freeze dried bloodworm, frozen brine shrimp, hikari micro pellet, hikari fancy guppy, bug bites spirulina flakes

Congrats to Sgooosh with your amazing and colorful beautifully scaped tank. If I were a fish, I would be very happy living there. Well deserved win!
Tying for second place are @connorlindeman with his very nice 40 gallon breeder tank and @ChasingFish with their 40 gallon superbly aquascaped tank. Well done guys.

Thanks go out to all members who participated in this month's TOTM. If you didn’t win, keep improving your tanks and enter another TOTM contest to show off your improvements.

Right now we are accepting entries in our very popular Pet of the Month contest. If you have a pet (no fish allowed) in your household, we hope to see you entering your pet in the contest. Link to the entry thread follows:

Last edited:
Congrats Sgooosh! Nice work on building/maintaining such an amazing tank! trophy1
Congratulations. Beautiful tank.
Congrats! Well deserved
Congrats!!
Congrats, what a nice display! It’s a beautiful set up!
Congrats, great looking tank. :good:
thanks so much! i could not have done it without all you guys!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back