Severum Issue

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

joshjames

Fishaholic
Reaction score
one of my severums has got a platy stuck in its mouth, i could see this coming as they got bigger, but its had it in its mouth all day now and don't know it its stuck or just taking a long time to eat its food. anybody had experience of this and can help me out? what do i do if it is stuck? i have fed them and its still not spat it out ...

If it truly is stuck you'll need to get it unstuck, for that I can only think you'll need to net the fish and help it out of it's mouth.

All day does sound rather a long time to eat something...

Hopefully the issue will sort it's self out

yea hopefully, not looking forward to trying to catch it and get it out ... the things we do for fish keeping :rolleyes:

I have heard of fish that die from getting a fish that was too big stuck. Mainly oscars do this they are like labadors of the fish world because they eat anything and don't think twice about it. You are going to have to get it out now. Be careful dot rip it out that could cause damage. Good luck.

well i think its out :) got it in the net and in a little bowl, tried to get it but the fish jumped out, quickly put it back in and when i looked again i couldnt see anything in its mouth and the mouth looks normal again so hopefully it will be fine. its swimming aroud the tank again now but im glad thats over with :good:

ergh! i thought it was out but you can still see the tail poking out the mouth!!!!
any ideas on how to actually get it out? im thinking tweesers but impossible while it is in water or flapping about? really need your help

FINALLY the fish is out :D lay it down flat and tweesered the platy out, severum is now back in tank recovering. wow that was an experience! moving the rest of the platys out into another tank now so it wont happen again. thanks for everyones help

FINALLY the fish is out :D lay it down flat and tweesered the platy out, severum is now back in tank recovering. wow that was an experience! moving the rest of the platys out into another tank now so it wont happen again. thanks for everyones help

Well done. You've done the right thing. Your sev should feel better in no time !

good job you spotted it in there! And definitely move the rest of those platies...he/she has the idea now...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back