Severum Breeding But The Eggs Won't Last.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

micko

drive it like you stole it.
Reaction score
Ok, my female is currently laying and the male doing his job but this has happened a few times now and because I have other fish in the tank, BN's and four young Rotkeil they will eat the eggs.
Is there any way of me taking the eggs out and hatching them some other way or shall I just leave them to it until I talk her into letting me set up yet another tank (I'm kinda at my limit now and she's ready to crack up)

Thanks in advance.

Remove whatever they lay the eggs on into another tank and place an airstone or direst the flow of the filter near the eggs to replicate fanning by the parents. Then it's daily water change time. lol.

Did you see the picture i tagged you in on FB you ignorant fu!!!!!!

if you want to raise the fry then do as minnnt states and remove the eggs and whatever they are stuck to. the other alternative is to remove the fish and leave the eggs where they are.

if you remove the eggs then fill their new home with tank water from the original tank and keep using the parents tank water for water changes. as you will probablt know severums will get big and need lots of space to grow properly. so you have to decide what you will do with them. do you have room for grow out tanks etc?

If you leave them too it they should raise the fry on their own evenually if your lucky.

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't realise I had my notifications turned off.

The first (second I believe but only visibly seen them once) went white and then went the next day after going white. They were there for two or three days.

They're at it again and this time there are twice as many eggs so far and they're still at it. I'll try removing them this time and replacing the pot with eggs in a spare tank with a airstone etc.

Aye, its lots of empty tanks ready for fry so I'll see how it goes this time around.

Hopefully the male is fertile. :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Back