Severum and plants how bad?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Reaction score
So I have not been on here in a long time. My tanks are the same old tanks same old fish. I am looking to get down to one tank. I want to just have my 100 Gal. I have lots of plants my 80Gal tank is over growns. I need more room for my plants.

I want to keep my red severum but I know my plants will not stand a chance. BUT at the same time maybe he will keep the tank trimmed haha. What to do? I have to rehome my silver dollars those things love green so much they have eaten my plastic plants. I kind of want to start over just plant the 100Gal and get all new fish.

How long do you think these plants will last with one 5 inch male severum?

Here is the over grown tank. I might keep the 80Gal for the severum. We are getting new floors put in so the 80 Has to be broken down and moved anyways.

80 gal before i broke it down. by Sarah Ireland, on Flickr

Well it took all day to switch the tanks. from 9:00am to 8:30pm. I planted the 100 Gal and I am not willing to risk my Severum eatting and ripping up all my hard work.

I am thinking maybe keep the 80Gal for the Severum and my OLD Pictus cat that is almost as old as my daughter at 9 years old.

I really like the look of the planted tank , I have a guppy,platy, swordtail tank that I planted up and it does ok but I do have a hair algae problem I can't seem to beat , most of my other tanks including my 400 litre cichlids tank are definitely plant free zones , my 3 Severums even peck at plastic plants too .

I have a little bit of black bread algae in my planted tank but since the tank has become more established I have got it under control it really is all about balance. Sometimes it takes years to find that balance .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back