Seven new baby kittens.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Also, @Utar if you don't want more kittens in the future, I would recommend getting the mother cat spayed. My aunt who raises cats told me that cats are capable of getting pregnant again very quickly after having a litter. I think she said ten days! You can find a local vet, or sometimes a local animal shelter or rescue will offer a spay or neuter for cheaper.

Oh, I am so wishing I lived closer. I would take one in a heartbeat. They are precious!

Why do you hate cats so much?:rofl:
Because I lost 10s of thousands of dollars worth or native finches and parrots in the 80s due to neighbours who wouldn't keep their cats in at night. Their cats used to cross the road, wander onto my property, head into my backyard, and kill my birds. And I got woken up most nights by cats ripping my birds apart and leaving their bodies on the floor of the aviary. I regularly had to kill my pet birds because they were bleeding out or had their chests ripped open by my neighbours cats.

The people that owned the cats refused to pay for any of the birds their cats killed. The people that owned the cats put them out at night so they could do their thing, namely kill native birds and animals.

On top of that, there are an estimated 80million feral cats in Australia and each one takes 1 or 2 native birds or animals each day. Any wonder why native birds and animals are becoming extinct in Australia?
And nobody in the government is doing a damn thing to control the vermon bastard animals.

Another reason I hate cats is because every night for the last 4 years I have had cats come onto my property, kill the frogs and birds that live here, and urinate all over my house and car. This wakes me up and my throat, eyes and nose burn from the ammonia in their urine. and my entire house stinks of cat piss for hours after they have been through the area.

Finally, the same crap animals have hissy pissy bit ch fights in my backyard and driveway and wake up everyone in the neighbourhood, including dogs that then bark.

Because I lost 10s of thousands of dollars worth or native finches and parrots in the 80s due to neighbours who wouldn't keep their cats in at night. Their cats used to cross the road, wander onto my property, head into my backyard, and kill my birds. And I got woken up most nights by cats ripping my birds apart and leaving their bodies on the floor of the aviary. I regularly had to kill my pet birds because they were bleeding out or had their chests ripped open by my neighbours cats.

The people that owned the cats refused to pay for any of the birds their cats killed. The people that owned the cats put them out at night so they could do their thing, namely kill native birds and animals.

On top of that, there are an estimated 80million feral cats in Australia and each one takes 1 or 2 native birds or animals each day. Any wonder why native birds and animals are becoming extinct in Australia?
And nobody in the government is doing a damn thing to control the vermon bastard animals.

Another reason I hate cats is because every night for the last 4 years I have had cats come onto my property, kill the frogs and birds that live here, and urinate all over my house and car. This wakes me up and my throat, eyes and nose burn from the ammonia in their urine. and my entire house stinks of cat piss for hours after they have been through the area.

Finally, the same crap animals have hissy pissy bit ch fights in my backyard and driveway and wake up everyone in the neighbourhood, including dogs that then bark.

I'm sorry about your birds. That must have been really terrible and frustrating.
My neighbor has two bengal cats, and one in particular was constantly coming into our yard and killing birds. We told the neighbors about it, but they did nothing. Then, one day the cat attacked a baby bunny. The rabbit's neck was ripped open and it was gushing blood. The poor thing died in my hands.
We brought it to the neighbors, and they finally put up an electric fence. The cats still get out sometimes though. :(

Last edited:

That is awful. I am sorry about your birds :-( I would be so frustrated too. Luckily around here everyone brings their cats inside at night, but we also have 3 large dogs that protect our chickens and rabbits. I can't believe the cats owners wouldn't even pay for the birds:grr: I woulda told the neighbors "If you can't keep your cats in your property, and they come over here killing my birds, I will shoot them". But people are ridiculous. I am really sorry. I would probably hate cats too:no:

Aaaww, they're so fluffy! :wub: Momma looking pretty pleased with herself and proud of her babies ;):lol:

Can't help with homes I'm afraid, being so far away, otherwise I'd definitely take one, or a pair of siblings. Have been thinking of getting on the wait list for a nearby cat rescue after my last cat passed away in July.

Would love if you shared photos as they grow though!

Is the momma your pet or a rescue you've taken in?
The momma was a pair of siblings I got from my brother's cat's litter. But the male was killed by some dogs. I really liked Logan he was a cool cat and thought he was a dog.

To be honest with everyone, I am not really a cat person. I love my cat now that I have her and only did this to help my brother when his cat had kittens. But I would not have sought out kittens otherwise. I am a dog person and love my two dogs Rosco and Saydee. But Bonnie is now part of the family so I take good care of her. But I don't want any more cats!!! lol I am going to have her fixed, and now wishing I had done this earlier.

How about a shelf full of kittens.... :)

Shelf full of kittens.jpg

I was away recently for two weeks and returned home to find seven new kittens. Bonnie cat was big when I left, so I knew she was due so this was no surprise. The kittens are now starting to open their eyes so it will be a couple of months before they are ready to find their forever homes.

Anyone is living in the Houston or Beaumont area and wants a kitten or knows someone who might, please pm me.
Thanks, Everyone.

View attachment 133431
A
You're pretty close to me, apparently, I'm near Port Arthur...don't know of anyone who could help with the cats though, sorry

You're pretty close to me, apparently, I'm near Port Arthur...don't know of anyone who could help with the cats though, sorry
I only live about an hour from Beaumont. Do you know of any good restaurants to eat crawfish in the Beaumont area?

If you can't find homes for all of them but don't want to keep them, you could have them spayed/neutered then let them be outdoor cats? They would have to be spayed/neutered though or you would be overrun with inbred, unwanted kittens and your situation would be a whole lot worse!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back