setting up my 47 gallon freshwater!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i dident know if i sould post this in tropical equipment or tropical disscusion? anyway, you read the title, your reading this, im setting up my 47 gallon! i will be houseing

6 teteras (might be getting more)

4 female bettas

3 plecos

i have the 6 tetras and two bettas already in a 10 gallon, but the pleco and all 6 neon tetras we had were eaten alive by the bigger tetras /: hopful in the bigger tank they will leve them alone (im not gonna get any more neon tetras) i have a pingeun bio wheel filter 200 with many live plants and hides, a gravel substrate,driftwood, aa few rocks i found outside and sanitized. the plants im using:

PL - Hornwort - Bunch Plant

PL - Myrio - Green - Bunch Plant

PL - Hygrophila Angustifolia - Bunch

PL - Variegated Japanese Dwarf Rush - Bare Root

filter:

https/www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/marineland-penguin-200-bio-wheel-power-filter

anyway, i have all the water in and am cycleing it. the two bettas are sepirated, we had 3 but one cramed it self betwen the gravel and a hide, so i was helping it, and acdently squashed it...i feel really bad now. hope to entier my tank into the tank of the month next month :)

wish me luck :)

Last edited:
Yayyyyyy so excited for you!!! What kind of tetra was it that ate the Pleco alive!?? I am not familiar with all of those plants, but I am sure it will be lovely!!! Def following to this thread!

You may want to consider 5 female bettas rather than 4. A female betta sorority will typically do better in odd numbers, and 5 is usually considered the minimum to spread out aggression well!

So excited for photos! Good luck!

Edit: Bettas love love love floating plants, you may want to consider some of those as well!

(also, I’m really sorry about the betta. I squished a neon tetra once. Sometimes it just happens, no matter how careful you are being:/)

bloodfin and silvertips ate the neons and pleco...
Oh wow! I have never kept Silver tips, but I do have 12 Bloodfins, and come to think of it my 3 neons disappeared quite mysteriously........
At least they’ve left my pleco alone!

I got a stand yesterday ( not really a fish tank stand, I guess, a hot water heater stand) and am setting it up to day :) hope fully getting fishes this weekend!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back