setting up a shrimp tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

corylover5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello! I have a 3.5 gallon I'd like to set up as a shrimp tank. Would a 3.5 gallon be large enough for cherry shrimp? My water hardness is 7.25 ppm for PH and the GH is 19 mg per liter. Would that be suitable for cherry shrimp? If not cherry shrimp, are there other small species of shrimp that would do well with those water parameters? What's the best food to get for them? Any other tips or advice for keeping shrimp is very appreciated! Thanks for reading!

The size will be fine for awhile. Once they start reproducing it will get overcrowded but they probably would stop producing then. Cherry shrimp are very hardy and will go with your parameters. I fed Ken’s Veggie Sticks and Crab Cuisine. Hope this helps.
thank you! How many shrimp should I get to start out with?

10-15 would be a good amount to start out with. Is the tank heavily planted? Shrimp really like live plants.

What's the best food to get for them?
I personally feed mine Hikari Crab Cuisine, but any fish food will work. (They will eat pretty much anything, but it’s good to fix up their diet)

aw man... i was planning to get one but thats some money...
$30... thats as much as my cory gang costs!!

You have some cheap Corys my guy... my group of 8 cost me $66. ?
i have 10 of the moderate $4 ones
ain't getting the expensive ones till i know what im doing...
plus i prefer spotted corydoras more than most others

What is everyone's opinion of the hardiest shrimp that can be found in most local fish stores? I ask because I am thinking about doing a shrimp tank.

What is everyone's opinion of the hardiest shrimp that can be found in most local fish stores? I ask because I am thinking about doing a shrimp tank.
RCS, but I've always had to order mine....check on AquaBid

i have 10 of the moderate $4 ones
ain't getting the expensive ones till i know what im doing...
plus i prefer spotted corydoras more than most others
What in the name of Thor almighty?? Corydoras cost $7 each at my LFS, the rarer ones costing over $16 each.

You’re lucky!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back