Setting Up A Marine Tank For The First Time! Help?! :-S

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

thats great thank you very much for your help. ive read through your journal twice now very nice set up you have. I dont have the room for a sump so im hoping just the LR a good skimmer and maybe a small internal filter will be sufficient in the upkeep of the tank?

thanks

yer that is fine :good: i took out the internal as it took up a lot of space. but if you leave it in you can add lr rubble and carbon in it. also maybe phosphate remover

thats great thank you very much for your help. ive read through your journal twice now very nice set up you have. I dont have the room for a sump so im hoping just the LR a good skimmer and maybe a small internal filter will be sufficient in the upkeep of the tank?

thanks

yer that is fine :good: i took out the internal as it took up a lot of space. but if you leave it in you can add lr rubble and carbon in it. also maybe phosphate remover

well i have an eheim aquaball internal currently in the tank now, i was thinking of keeping that in but removing the foams and replacing with either lr rubble,carbon or phos remover? which do you use in your tank? im wary of carbon as alot of people say it can cause more damage then good sometimes.

atm i dont run any of those. i should but havnt brought any :blush: im going to run carbon and phosphate remover. carbon is good because it makes the water clearer and takes out any bad chemicals the corals produce. some corals like the toadstool release it to retard other coral growth so it has enough room to grow :good:

can i ask what that lil blue fish is in your avatar its gorgeous!! :hyper: :hyper: is that in your rio 125? im stuck for ideas what to stock mine with, i know ill be having a pair of clowns other then that ive no idea

the fish in the picture aint mine :lol: but its my favourite fish. its a kole tang or some times called a yellow eye tang. to big for my tank but when i upgrade i will get one of these wonderful fish. it needs at least a 300L tank

i know i had my heart set on a yellow tang but was told they would get too big for my tank, altho ive seen fully grown ones in smaller tanks then mine and they seemed happy enough. gutted its my favourite fish!

Most reactions

Back