Setting Up A 29 Gallon Fowlr For Now

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Those are very nice too, BigC :D

Not doing much on the stand this weekend. We had a birthday party for all 3 (yes 3) kids yesterday at the local Zoo. They're all August birthdays within 2 weeks of eachother (Aug 10, 15, 24) and so today is my 6 year olds official birthday. We're trying to ask him what he wants to do and he wants to play in the backyard :lol: (out of all the choices)

Ah the kids ...yes....all mine are semi adult now 22,21,18,13 and I can tell you things get worse as they get older. TAXI....
Regards
BigC

Ah the Solorensis, master of my tank :)

I'd go with a flasher wrasse if I were you KJ. The sixlines can become agressive little punks in their old age ;)

As for the RO unit, may I suggest just getting one off Ebay... That's what I've done, and the thing's 3 years old and still kicking. You will need a carbon pre-filter though any old carbon filter will do the trick.

And as for painting, if you use latex, it peels right off glass. Not permanent at all, trust me :good:

And as for painting, if you use latex, it peels right off glass. Not permanent at all, trust me :good:

Just a hint when painting.

I bought a tester kit for a nice rich blue.

I then mixed it with a paint for tile and glass coverage.

As long as you have enough of the tile paint in the mix you will be able to cover the glass easily.

Mine took 3 coats to make nice and solid. but doesn't scratch or peel.

Hey, i knew something!

LOL!! I'm not getting anything done :rolleyes:

Thursday I leave for West Virgina(visiting sister and touring Washington D.C.) and I'll be back on Monday...so won't work on stand/tank this weekend either.

Im tellin ya, latex isnt as easy to get off as you would think. I wanted to remove the blue paint from my tank and replace it with black but that's not happening without a fight.

Spray on or paint on Chris? I touch my back wall paint and it just about flakes off... :unsure:

Greetings from Virginia now :)

We're going to an awesome pet store sometime. It has a cerval(cat), monkey, shark tank, koi tank, giant stingray, Komodo Dragon and a few 10 foot snakes. I'll take pics and put them in the members non fish section or whatever section it is. We're also thinking about going by the Virginia Beach marine science Aquarium.

I think I'm just going to paint the back of my tank black. Then I won't have to worry about keeping a background on. I think black will work for just about anything so in 5 years if I change the tank, it should be alright

:)

I'm working on cleaning out my 29 gallon. Have all the hardware dissasembled and the rocks are all cleaned out. Just working on getting the white build up off....

I've heard usuing vinegar will take care of the white build up? Then just rinse really good....what do ya think?

not much done on the stand as of yet. Hopefully soon though. I'm having a hard time waiting. I'm just about jumping out of my skin :eek:

Spray on or paint on Chris? I touch my back wall paint and it just about flakes off... :unsure:

Yes, yes please do tell!!!! Which paint did you use?
Many thanks :good:

Acrylic Latex Enamel by "American Traditional" found at Lowes a year ago.

And I don't bother with Vinegar, I go straight for the gloves and the Muriatic Acid :shifty:

For real though, don't take that stuff for granted. Its fine to use on tanks, but not on skin ;)

Should I stain the frame of the stand? I'm starting to think that would be a very good idea....just in case :)

Dumb Question...Maybe???

I have a liquid API freshwater master test kit that I use for my cichlid tank. I was reading through That Fish Place catalog at test kits for marine and saw that the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate tests are all interchangable for fresh/salty use. I'm hoping that's the case because it would be kinda nice if I could use the existing ones that I have for my saltwater tests. It also says the High Range PH is interchangable and I use the high range anyway for my African Cichlids.

Can anyone confirm for me that my current tests will work for my salty application?? It just makes me kinda nervous, I guess. I don't want to start off thinking the test are accurate and then find out they are not.

:sad: Well it'll be a bit longer. I just got hit with a $550 dental bill. I had a tooth crack and they have to crown it, plus a couple tiny cavities. $450 of the bill is for the crown (and that's after insurance) -_- :unsure: :S :crazy: The plan still forges ahead but I won't be able to get all the stuff I wanted at the end of September.

Just some of the stuff. I'm hopeing it'll be enough to get it setup for now. I'm also hoping that selling my 125 gallon tank will bring at least $250. That will go toward my other fishy stuff :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back