🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch4rlie

Moderate Moderating Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Lets keep these great entries and stunning tanks coming in :)

Please start posting entries and nominations for the September 2014 competition here.

Please note that a dated verification picture must be provided or the entry will not be accepted.

The standard of the entries in the competition so far has been very high, so lets keep them coming please!

If you have not done so already, please read the rules before submitting a nomination or entry.

The September competition will close for entries and nominations on ~15th September 2014.

(As a side note: if there are less than 3 entries in a given month, the entries will be held over to the following month's competition.)

oh..... :(

No entries again.

Hmm, something is amiss for sure.

Suggestions or ideas to bring this competition back to life again would be fantastic :)

I never remember if i am eligible, and i will admit i dont bother looking it up to check.

Ch4rlie said:
Suggestions or ideas to bring this competition back to life again would be fantastic
smile.png

Your enthusiasm will help to reignite interest, Charlie.  I regret to say but for too long it's been clear that there was not enough moderator interest in the competitions with late opening and closing of voting, winners not being announced and just general neglect of the competitions section.  People picked up on that and it will take a bit of persuasion to turn things around but I'm sure if anyone can do it, you can!

Not a single person congratulated July's winner which is kind of sad and shows how low interest has sunk.

The best ideas have already been put forward, which is to reinstate profile trophy pictures and make a fuss of the winner on the home page with a special feature.

When I started in this forum there was a banner on the right side showing the current winners of tank and fish of the month and the current for the "of the Year" competition. So when I started with the forum that was the first section I looked at and was really excited about it. I couldn't wait to enter. Then when I became eligible, I entered but fairly didn't win. Then the next time I enter a couple months later I won. I was very proud of myself and a few people congratulated me but I didn't get any sort of recognition from the site, no badge or anything. That was somewhat disappointing.

Maybe if you just made the banner on the right on the home page and reinstated the avatar badges that would work.

Excellent suggestions from all :)

Let's see if I can do anything to spark this back to life ;)

I think adding a Banner to display the winner's tank is a great idea and you could also do the same for Fish of the Month.

Also giving the winner a title/badge that says Winner of TOTM September 2014 which could possibly include a link to the picture as well?

I personally don't enter at the moment because I don't have a tank that I am happy with or believe is worthy of winning so until I do I won't enter but will certainly try and make a concious effort to vote.

Maybe provide something on the main page that flashes up when voting has opened?

My tank really isnt that impressive and this is a very old photo from when it was first set up and the are no plants or fish in it yet but i thought it was worth a try haha so here it is, trust me it has improved alot since that picture
smile.png

Attachments

• IMG_1095.JPG
    IMG_1095.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 222
nofishinginmytank said:
My tank really isnt that impressive and this is a very old photo from when it was first set up and the are no plants or fish in it yet but i thought it was worth a try haha so here it is, trust me it has improved alot since that picture
smile.png

Ah, sorry to say, you need to have 60 posts before you can enter these comps. 

But excellent and thats the spirit, do make sure you enter when you reach that 60 post milestone, perhaps for next month's competition ;) 

OK thank you, I took so pics of my tank looking a lot nicer this morning so I will post on more things and enter them next month :) do posts include commenting on a thread?

Many of the site's other restrictions have been reduced from 60 posts to 5 posts.  Perhaps the same should be done for competition entry as well?

I imagine that a lot of people used to be drawn to the site because they wanted to show off their tanks and this helped to bring in great entries for the competitions as well as attract new members to the site.  These days having to wait 60 days and make 60 posts must be a huge deterrent to potential new members and competition entrants.  I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind it, personally I don't care if a newcomer wins the competition, if they have an awesome tank I'd like to see it rather than scare them off!

Excellent points Daize, I shall bring it up with the other Mods and see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Back