Selling My Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lmcarlton

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I finally got my 25 gallon, haven't set it up yet as there is discussion as to where to put it exactly. It looks nice though, black stand (wood) with the tank. It makes it look like one unit.

So I have decided to sell my 10 gal for a couple of reasons.
1. It doesn't look as nice in the same room as my 25 gal. I can't put it anywhere else, also the room is a little crowded with two tanks in it.
2. I have little space to store it until I move out (I live at home).

So with the 10gal tank comes:
- over the side heater
- aqua clear mini filter system (I might even consider buying filters to put in with it)
- thermometer
- wood colour stand with shelves and doors
- some possible decorations
- maybe a pump and air bubbler

I think that's it so how much (in canadian dollars) would you say I could sell this for? I have no clue as I have never sold one before.

Thanks for your help.

Lea-Andra

Hi princess
I recently bought a second hand 90 gal tank. While looking I've seen 10g advertised second hand from $20-100. Your's comes with lots of stuff so I'd aim for the higher end. Do you have an incandescent light or fluorescent. That will make a big difference as to value. Fluorescent is worth more. I personally wouldn't buy one without it. I'm thinking try at least $75 if it is fluorescent. You could try higher and lower it if it doesn't sell. If the stand is nice, I'd pay more for it. Bottom line, it has to be cheaper than buying all the parts new.

Hope that helps, good luck:)
FB2

Oops, I forgot about the light, it's incandescent. Two bulbs.

I agree I always wanted the flourescent and I got it with the one I just bought.

Thanks

to be honest i say 50$
around here i see 10 gallon set ups brand new for 30 dollars which includes all mentioned except decor, and a stand.

In light of the incandescent info, I would agree with Behemoth, although as I said before if the stand is nice I would be willing to pay a bit more. Is it a real cheap-o stand in poor condition or does it add value to the "package"? Some stands can be worth $50 used, IMO.

to be honest i say 50$
around here i see 10 gallon set ups brand new for 30 dollars which includes all mentioned except decor, and a stand.
Where is here, behemoth?

in the U.S in southern new hampshire.
forgot to add you also get a net, small bottle of start right, and small package of fish food.

look around craiglist.com you will get a gernaral idea of what used things sell for.

i personly would pay like $20 for what you are offerin.

-Alex

I would actually keep it

just makes everything easier

you have a back up tank / hospitile / fry tank

Most used equipment in clean working shape goes for around half of the new price. Most people go by the cheapest internet price to determine the new price.

I would also keep it as it would be great as a JUST IN CASE tank :D

Hm for"- over the side heater
- aqua clear mini filter system (I might even consider buying filters to put in with it)
- thermometer
- wood colour stand with shelves and doors
- some possible decorations
- maybe a pump and air bubbler"
I wouldn't really pay much. A 10g tank is $7.99 new, the aquaclear is <$25, stand I can't really say, need pics of that. Decor nothing almost used, pump $4.99 new and bubbler same if not less.
I'd pay $40 at the very most.

I know, I myself probably would pay nothing over $40 either, so, as i hve learned from past experiences, It probably would be better as a JUST IN CASE tank :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back