Selling My Awesome Red Cherry Shrimp!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cooledwhip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I will be selling my awesome red cherry shrimp that I have been breeding for about a month or two now. Really awesome and healthy shrimp. These guys climb anything and are always out in the open in your tank. Not the kind that hide. (Obviously if you buy only a couple in your planted tank you won't see them as often)

Here is a picture I took just last night. I put half an algae wafer in there and they went bananas.

I am trying to sell some just to get some more money to purchase some orange shrimp or blue velvets, plus I plan on selling more on a larger scale to be my "summer job"

I also have LOTS of plants, like Glossostigma that I am looking to get rid of. I probably have about 3 shoeboxes full of growing glossostigma.

Here is a pic of the shrimp in their gladiator arena. This is just what I have in my personal 20 gallon, I have a couple hundred in my 10 gallon and a couple berried shrimp as well.

They have a really cool ORANGE back as well. I think someone could really make a awesome orange red or blood orange strain through selective breeding.

http://imgur.com/HdBIRbs

How much are they? How will you get them to customers? I think I might want one... :) Do you just feed them algae wafers?

I would be interested in knowing how much they will cost as well as how much shipping will be.  What state are you located in?

I only planned on shipping them. I've received lots of shrimp and fish through the mail so I understand how it is done. I plan on selling lots more on ebay but before I start sending out hundreds I wanted to test my shipping abilities with someone on this forum to suggest things, and to give me feedback on how they arrived. 

I live in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois.

Yes algae wafers are actually a TREAT. I went a full 2 weeks without feeding them anything. As long as you have fish poop and plants in your tank they just chew on that. I have been feeding them marineland XL sinking algae wafers. I can even throw some in because they cant even finish a whole one!! The picture.. my goldfish actually came over and started stealing the wafer. (hes in there temporarily)

If you are interested in purchasing some PM me!

For shipping, it depends on where you live. I know lots of people only ship over night shipping or one day air, but I think that 2 or three day shipping is fine for the shrimp-

I opened my HOB filter and found shrimp living in there. :/

I went a full 2 weeks without feeding them anything. As long as you have fish poop and plants in your tank they just chew on that.

I only feed my shrimp in my shrimp tank once a week as a treat, But there is always some Indian almond leaf, Oak leaf, Peach Leaf and Mulberry leaf  for them to munch on.

NickAu said:

I went a full 2 weeks without feeding them anything. As long as you have fish poop and plants in your tank they just chew on that.

I only feed my shrimp in my shrimp tank once a week as a treat, But there is always some Indian almond leaf, Oak leaf, Peach Leaf and Mulberry leaf  for them to munch on.

Indian Almond leaves are great. A while ago I ordered a few hundred of them for my bettas but I never used them and eventually got out of bettas. But now im back into the hobby. I'll throw in a leaf or two if you remind me at checkout. (if you purchase some)

Most reactions

Back