seller has redworms

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi
the seller i buy my live mealworms from, also sells “ red wigglers”. red worms. he also sells all composting needs.
apparently Oprah recommended.
anyway- i think i recall a forum member mentioning compost/ worms.
an FYI -good seller-unclejimswormfarm.com

Last edited:
hi
the seller i buy my live mealworms from, also sells “ red wigglers”. red worms. he also sells all composting needs.
apparently Oprah recommended.
anyway- i think i recall a forum member mentioning compost/ worms.
an FYI -good seller-unclejimswormfarm.com
I have ordered red wigglers from this vendor multiple times and they have never come in alive. I'm not sure it's because of his location and my location, I'm in Illinois. However every single time he sent them and sent replacements they always came in dead.
There is a site called rainbow mealworms where I order food for my turtle, they also have red wigglers and I've never had an issue with any of their stuff coming in dead. You can also find these worms at Petco or PetSmart, along with nightcrawlers. For some reason my fish seem to think that nightcrawlers are sweeter than the red wigglers. I do feed my fish both, but I purchased 250 red wigglers from a Amazon vendor I'll have to look up their name. And that's what I used to start my own population.

Last edited:
I have ordered red wigglers from this vendor multiple times and they have never come in alive. I'm not sure it's because of his location and my location, I'm in Illinois. However every single time he sent them and sent replacements they always came in dead.
There is a site called rainbow mealworms where I order food for my turtle, they also have red wigglers and I've never had an issue with any of their stuff coming in dead. You can also find these worms at Petco or PetSmart, along with nightcrawlers. For some reason my fish seem to think that nightcrawlers are sweeter than the red wigglers. I do feed my fish both, but I purchased 250 red wheelers from an Amazon vendor I'll have to look up their name. And that's what I used to start my own population.
wow that’s too bad. for awhile the Fedex transfer station was holding packages longer due to understaffing. sometimes they come by USPS. I think he guarantees live delivery- i’d have to double check on that. one time i did receive quite a few dead ones. the customer service person said they always pack extra worms ( free) to make up for any that have died. i - unfortunately- live in arkansas. maybe the fact that it’s always too warm here helps live. not complaining about arkansas people- it’s too hot 🥵 and too many bugs! ughh

Worm Nerd is the vendor I used. I bought 250 to start.

I fed red wiiglers for a few months many years ago. I chose them because they were so easy, or so I thought. The worms came alive in a canvas bag with peat. I kept the worms in damp peat in a styro, I never fed them anything I believe they ate the peat. These worms were great for all my meat eating fish how loved them and spawns were frequent. So what was the issue.

These worms are escape artists who hate light. As ong as there is light they stay under the surface. But when there is no light, they caome out. Putting the lid on the styro did not prevent mass breakouts. These wirm can make themselves thing enough you squeeze through a tight fitting stryo lid. The first two times I found all my worms on the floor I learned this fact. The first time taught me to try a lid and the second time taught me I still needed a better solution.

That solution was actually pretty simple. All I needed was a cheap goose neck deck lamp and a timer. The light shined into the stryro and the timer made it come on before dark and go off after light returned. Simple easy solution. I kept my box of worm on the fireplace hearth with the light and timer. It worked great until we had a power failure over night.

The next morning I had about 100 worms spread out all over the carpet in the living rom. Of course they died because they dried out. And that was when I decided I would do frozen foods from now on. Since then I have a discovered a world of decent alternatives fo live. They range from almost as good to acceptably good.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back