Seems Pretty Cruel...

I think it's much too small and I didn't see a filter in those tanks. If they made it on a larger scale it could be interesting.

Looks a good idea in principle but is way too small at 1.9L - wahhhh! No room to swim!

It's just a jar with an overflow for doing water changes 
Dunno.gif

I could drill a hole in the side of my tank, add a spout and put a bucket under it

Joshwainwright said:
It's just a jar with an overflow for doing water changes :dunno:

I could drill a hole in the side of my tank, add a spout and put a bucket under it
Completely agree!

Whoever the "inventor" is of that device needs to be directed to the beginners resource section of this forum.

The fact that the syphon is placed on the bottom of the tank is supposed to remove organic buildup, in addition to removing a certain amount of water to remove dissolved pollutants.  Which means that it is probably much better than any standard betta bowl, in which only water is removed.  And for anyone, willing to keep a fish in such a small puddle, misguided as it may be, this might be the better option...

r.w.girard said:
And for anyone, willing to keep a fish in such a small puddle, misguided as it may be, this might be the better option...
I have to admit you're right there :/

Still not ideal though. Plus I like to think that people aren't bothered about ridiculous pieces like this and want big tanks, they don't usually start well though.

Never mind! If people have the sense to find this forum then they've got the sense to sort out their mistakes and get in to fish keeping properly :D

Except people start asking once the problems start... That's how I did it... There is a great thread about mistakes... The proof is in the pudding, no?

That's how I did it too, unfortunately. To be honest, the blame should be on fish stores not asking the right questions and just selling fish with no advice or wrong advice. 

I reckon if I ever ran my own LFS, I'd make a little booklet on cycling to hand out to beginners :)

When I got my fish fish (as and adult, did have some when I was a teen with surprisingly no knowledge and no troubles), I thought I was being smart by asking questions first... unfortunately, fell into the trap of thinking pet store people knew something.

I think it's a great idea, but agree with all the above. Not big enough, not heated. Plus in the information they gloss over the fact that you need to dechlorinate the new water!

This does beat keeping a betta in a glass cup, but not by much.

Interestingly enough there must be people who believe there is a market for this sort of thing as it has raised a lot of funds to get it to market!

Personally I prefer Revo-Lights who underwent the same start-up system ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back