Seeking New Home For Betta In D.c. Metropolitan Area In The Us

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tracynagel

Reaction score
I have a lovely red veiltail betta, Sashimi, that I've had for about a year.. Veiltails are common and not one of fancy breeds, I know... but he has the most lively and friendly personality and I adore him tremendously! He's a really inquisitive fishy and will get all excited about new toys and try to attack me if I take any of them away for cleaning. >< He's right next to my computer, and whenever I'm sitting there, he'll be swimming to and fro in front of the tank keeping me company, and when he decides to take a break, he'll rest in the corner of the tank closest to me. Most other times when I'm not sitting there he prefers sleeping amongst the plants. He's such a sweet little guy I call him my favorite little fishy friend. And he is!

Unfortunately, my husband and I are relocating out of the country for the next 2-3 years, and while I have looked desperately online for ways to transport my much adored fishy friend, there are insurmountable barriers relating to the country's import laws. So I find myself in the sad position of having to find a new home for my fishy friend.

While I know people who are nice enough to be willing to take care of him till we return, none of them are exactly fish enthusiasts. My betta lives in a 3 gallon heated and filtered tank with plants and toys, and I'd hate for him to go to someone who will get tired of keeping up with water testing, cleaning the tank, changing the filters, etc.. and put him into a one gallon unfiltered and unheated tank like most betta owners do. So I figured that perhaps the best way to find other people who care about fishes is to ask around on forums for fish enthusiasts. And here I am! If you, or someone you know, are interested in adopting my betta fishy and taking care of him.. please let me know.

Here's a pic of my lovely fishy friend!

Attachments

• 11 - 1.jpg
    11 - 1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 136

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back