See Through Java Fern Leaves

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

hellohefalump

Fishaholic
Reaction score
The newest growth has see through tips and the rest of the leaf is a bit yellow. what's up?

Shall I increase my trace dosing?

There's no way my tank is dificient in nitrogen! My reading is 50!!! Must be something else... could it be iron?

If your reading is 50 for N then the N defficiency is being caused by something else. Namely that either P, K, C, Mg or trace is too low. Your other thread will probably give you the answer to this question!!!

AC

Thanks. I'm going to get down to my LFS for some extra test kits - K, C, and Mg. I tested my iron today, and it was fine. How do I test my level of trace elements? Is iron a trace element (I think it is?) therefore as my iron is fine, will my other traces be fine? I'm adding a solution made of 'aqua essentials trace element mix'.

dont bother with the test kits, just dose more if you feel you need to, iron is in trace, you cant test for trace seen as it is so many different elements.

But then how will I know for sure what's wrong? I'm so confused by all this... I can't wait till I get things settled down. I'm looking for that magic combination of ferts/light/flow/plants/CO2 etc... that makes a brilliant thriving plated tank with no algae!

But then how will I know for sure what's wrong?

dosing PPS method at the reccomended dosage adds x amount of certain elements correct? so going by this you know how much you are adding,

if going by EI for KNO3, you will add 40g to 500ml of water and adding 10ml per 100L of water would give you a value of 5ppm. so if you bought a test kit, it will show 5ppm ;) (unless other NO3 is in water already)

I am not to familiar with the PPs so sorry if i am getting some things wrong.

I'm with Aaron on the test kits. If you test a DIY fert directly and undiluted the test kit should read the highest reading (the actual reading should be in the 1000s ppm) My test kit showed 10-20 when I ran a test on the test. lol.

PPS Pro is a very lean dosing regime. In my opinion too low. It works for some but not many. I would use EI to begin with and move onto PMDD+PO4 or another method after you find your feet.

AC

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back