Secret Spawn Updates & 1 For Laurafrog To See

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

modaz

Getting old, but nowhere near knackered, i just lo
Reaction score
Heres some more pics of my secret spawn.
here are the males

P1080264.jpg

sadly passed away the other week after a feed, think he choked by the look of him. So gutted.

His brother from about 2 months ~ present day.
P1070838.jpg

P1080209.jpg

P1080542.jpg

and then his sister from this
P1080211.jpg

to this
P1080527.jpg

she will be spawned with the male above her and also this boy who I would like Laura to see, he is an F1 quad ray halfsun line, the only survivor and carries the orange gene. They both have the same mother. I'm loving his dorsal extensions and his tail is showing some quality rays to work with. He has no ventrals though as this spawn spent most of their time as belly sliders.
P1080516.jpg

Wow, they are all beautiful! Third pic down looks like my Disco would if he wasn't a crowntail. But they are all totally stunning! The red halfsun is gorgeous, is it just me or does he have four rays in the dorsal? How old is he now, do you think he'll make 180?

whats a bellyslider? will the ventrals grow back? :blink:
belly sliders are fry that spend most of their time on the bottom of the tank, this is where the ammonias build up and it burns the growing tips of the ventral thus none grow. its not genetical. Belly sliding can be caused by too many fry in one tank and not enough dissolved oxygen.

Wow, they are all beautiful! Third pic down looks like my Disco would if he wasn't a crowntail. But they are all totally stunning! The red halfsun is gorgeous, is it just me or does he have four rays in the dorsal? How old is he now, do you think he'll make 180?
he has the 100% quad in his tail for sure as every branch has 4 but so far his dorsal has only divided of in to doubles, he's only 4 months old so much more growing to do, wont flare, his dad was useless at flaring but and excellent spawner. His tail is getting longer every week. Hoping that I can catch him having a good flare at some point to see what span he is likely to be, at the moment he's SD.

Hmmm... wrong terminology from me I guess - four branches, eight rays. Stunning little guy!
no! each branch has 4 rays :lol: if he was an octoray crowntail geno i would be a millionaire after putting on ebay as international bids. LOL

Looking great Daz....I love the colour of the blue boy 4th down...very pretty and your orange boy is stunning.

Actually Nemo only has one stubby ventril too. Probably because of the same reason plus he went unnoticed in the tank for 2 weeks, so ammomia must have been present!!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back