Search Engine Going To The Wrong Place

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

This is happening on two machines. One goes to that page about wireless routers, the other goes to that adult friend finder. I don't like being just one click away from a virus. This only happens when coming here and I do a fair amount of searching.

Seeing as this forum welcomes young people, I would think that some more effort would be put into stopping this. If it is coming from an advertisement, why do you continue to allow the ad?

thanks. It sounds like the tech guys need to get down to the server level and see if there's something there. Thanks for letting me know.

Chad

Any progress on this? It's still happening on both the computers. The site that comes up does switch between the Wireless Router page and the adult page.

It looks like this is being worked on.

Using Chrome, Google went to the website.

It doesn't come up at all on Bing.

Yes, definitely being worked on.

Well crud, this is being very tenacious. 

Munroco said:
All I get is fish
no.gif

Lol

Since my last post, TTF has not come up on Bing, until today. First click goes to AFF on two different unrelated machines.

That actually makes sense. It should show back up in a little bit. 

It is showing on Bing, at the top of the list, even. But, clicking on it brings up an adult webpage, just for the first time. Like it did before.

It looks like Google has it fixed, though.

RobRocksFishTank said:
It looks like Google has it fixed, though.
Nope:( I just googled it today on my new laptop and it goes to the adult website the first time and this website the second

Thanks guys. This is really killing me. It's a common problem on the Internet but I still don't want it happening to our site!

I don't know about that. I do a fair amount of searches daily and hardly ever, if at all, see this. 

Most reactions

Back